• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogstar

Banned
This is going to be a masterwork.... how am I going to survive until Sunday ahhhh.

That video for Daydreaming is really quite something.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Theres a bit of phillip glass about the song

Like Burn The Witch, Daydreaming sounds better while not watching the video. I find the visuals too distracting to concentrate on the music.

Courtesy of NME, the album will get a physical release June 17th. There will be special editions (second disc hype?), and pre-orders will be available on radiohead.com, presumably after the digital album releases on Sunday and we know the actual title of it.

A new Radiohead album on Sunday and Uncharted 4 on Tuesday. What have we done to deserve such a marvelous week?

And then the physical release dropping the week before No Man's Sky. Radiohead syncing up nearabouts to the release of my most anticipated games is my jam.

Tenebrous

Courtesy of NME, the album will get a physical release June 17th. There will be special editions (second disc hype?), and pre-orders will be available on radiohead.com, presumably after the digital album releases on Sunday and we know the actual title of it.

Thank fuck.

Any chance I can preorder the CD and get a digital copy at a discount to tide me over until then, d'ya think?

A new Radiohead album THIS SUNDAY?

giphy.gif

jett

D-Member
Between these last two songs I feel like Radiohead has ran out of ideas. This song went nowhere.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Between these last two songs I feel like Radiohead has ran out of ideas. This song went nowhere.

If by nowhere you mean the promised land

Flo_Evans

Wasn't feeling this song as much as burn the witch. Also didn't really like the video... some really great shots but overall meh?

hmmm will wait for full album...

I don't know if you were watching, but it went EVERYWHERE! The beach, snow-capped mountains, parking garages, your house, my house, your sister's house. You should pay more attention.

It may be that this album is for you what In Rainbows and Amnesiac were for me... utterly unremarkable on first listen, but now some of my favorite albums of all time.

Speaking as somebody with a Legend of Zelda avatar, which makes you an expert on franchises that are out of ideas, I want believe you, but I think these songs are great.

I don't know what's more magical; that we're finally getting a new Radiohead album or that a fan on Reddit promised he'd eat a photo of Thom Yorke if LP9 got announced today and now he actually has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom