• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerrel

I remember when Spectre released and a lot of people were saying 'I hope LP9 is just like this..." and it turns out it is. I love the sounds they've gotten between this and Burn the Witch.

I can only imagine if Skirting on the Surface makes it on the record with this kind of treatment... can't fucking wait.

jett

D-Member
i'm like 99% sure someone said this when kid a released.

That sure wasn't me though, as I loved Kid A, and Kid A was also completely different from previous Radiohead stuff. These two songs really aren't that, except for the fact that Yorke seems to be all about dem string ensembles now.

These song aren't bad, what I feel is indifference, as if I've heard them already. Maybe the whole album works better together, but that's like literally the opposite experience I had with In Rainbows and King of Limbs.

Ah I see.

On a side note Thom Yorke is only worth 35 Million and Dave Grohl is worth 250 Million is that just random Nirvana money? Radiohead is much bigger than Foo Fighters.

They've put out a lot more records, they tour more, Dave also does a tonne of side projects, too. And Nirvana money.

Really though it's all about the touring. Dave Matthews is also worth about 250 million, and that's all tour money.

Pick your nearest location:

YIDjn5b.jpg

Skeletron

"He was looking for the barber shop the entire time."

fucking lol

Loved it. Lots of variation in this one. I was worried we were going to get a whole album of Jonny strings (not that I wouldn't enjoy it).

Dawn Chorus is the name of the shell company they created recently right? They did the same with In Rainbows and TKOL but they were named differently than the company.

Madouu

It's probably been said but the video clip for Daydreaming looks like a memory palace kind of thing.

Love both songs, looking like it's going to be a quality album, as always.

King_Moc

Banned
Wow, wow, wow at the new song! It's gorgeous! Will be hovering over F5 like a madman on Sunday night.

On a side note Thom Yorke is only worth 35 Million and Dave Grohl is worth 250 Million is that just random Nirvana money? Radiohead is much bigger than Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters are far, far bigger. They're also much, much worse. Commercial rock is dull as fuck.

Which band will people talk about in 50 years time?

Tenebrous

Wow, wow, wow at the new song! It's gorgeous! Will be hovering over F5 like a madman on Sunday night.

Foo Fighters are far, far bigger. They're also much, much worse. Commercial rock is dull as fuck.

Which band will people talk about in 50 years time?

Nirvana.

Oli

So far both tracks have a very movie soundtrack feel to them. Very visual songs. Looking forward to Sunday.

Reknoc

Wonder if this will be the last song on the album. Reminds me a lot of Videotape and Motion Picture Soundtrack. Very beautiful.

From the beginning I've felt this going to be OK, Kid A, IR tier Radiohead and maybe end up being their masterwork. I look forward to Sunday very much.

megalowho

A little wary the record will sound like Radiohead doing a film score, which definitely has a certain appeal to it but maybe not what I was hoping for after 5 years. Will know soon enough.

Mr. Hyde

This song feels like Radiohead and Olafur Arnalds teamed up for a song. I need that to happen. I cannot wait for this album on Sunday! I love both songs. They're right up my alley.

King_Moc

Banned
These two songs are already better than the entirety of King of Limbs.

My problem with TKOL is that the stuff where they tried to do something very different (Bloom, Little By Little, Morning Mr Magpie, Feral) just wasn't very good. These two new songs are different and have easily surpassed those four.

denx

These two songs are already better than the entirety of King of Limbs.

I dunno man. Bloom, Lotus Flower, Give Up the Ghost and Separator are incredible. These new songs are incredible too. Hype levels are through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom