• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shining Tears screens (drool)

u_neek

shining1.jpg

Ill Saint

Hmmm... I'm still not sure what to make of this. It doesn't "look" like a Shining game... Still, hope it turns out well.

About time something on Shining Force PS2 came out.

belgurdo

Banned
This is the first 2D game I've seen in a while that didn't seem to skimp on the graphics in some way. Hope the characters animate well

epmode

i'd love to see a new 2d rpg that doesn't use hyper-kawaii/chibi art, but i suppose that's asking for too much. looks nice, in any case.

belgurdo

Banned
epmode said:
i'd love to see a new 2d rpg that doesn't use hyper-kawaii/chibi art, but i suppose that's asking for too much. looks nice, in any case.

Me too

SD should have died with the advent of 3D technology

kevm3

Looks good. Long time since i've played a good action rpg. The last really good one i've played was alundra.

jarrod

Banned
Soul4ger said:
It WAS Amusement Vision, but it's just Sega now, I guess.
Nope, AV's name never was connected with Shining Tears. They're only behind the GBA & PS2 Shining Forces.

I'm guessing it's likely Nextech (who handled the Shining Soul games).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I don't know whether to embrace this game with tender love and care or not. I haven't played a Shining game since Camelot stopped pimping Sega's arse after SF3. But it does look like fun :D

ferricide

belgurdo said:
Me too

SD should have died with the advent of 3D technology
YES

yes, yes, yes.

YESSSSSSSSSS

also, yes.

this looks OK. i wonder who'll bring it to the US, since sega can't be trusted to publish anything interesting themselves anymore.

Eric-GCA

Banned
It looks like its using the Tales of Symphonia style by using rather "chibi" looking characters ingame and having them look older in the hand drawn art.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Eric-GCA said:
It looks like its using the Tales of Symphonia style by using rather "chibi" looking characters ingame and having them look older in the hand drawn art.

er, super deformed style was created a looooooooooooooooooong time ago there bud.

belgurdo

Banned
"popular game of the month invented a concept that has been in games for decades" comments-where would we be without them?

Eric-GCA

Banned
bleh, of course I knew that ToS didn't start that trend, I was just using it as an example, and wondering if those who criticized its style would do so here as well.

belgurdo

Banned
Kaijima said:
Y'know, it's pretty funny to see net.hipster gamer guys flip off "furry" references at everything they can, especially when the "furry" characters and style of stuff like the Shining series rather predates US Furry fandom's popularity by quite a few years.

Or it could just be that the whole furry beef is really, really tired.

Yeah, keep that anti-furry shit to Something Awful, where they still think stuff like "OMGWTFBBQ" is high comedy

ferricide

Kaijima said:
Y'know, it's pretty funny to see net.hipster gamer guys flip off "furry" references at everything they can, especially when the "furry" characters and style of stuff like the Shining series rather predates US Furry fandom's popularity by quite a few years.[/URL]
um, it was just a random joke. the way he asked the question was vaguely amusing.

and believe me, i'm well aware of the shining series' affection for furridom across most of its iterations.

Top Bottom