• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Rebirth char/pics!

kiryogi

Banned
more like eh. :/
Hilda:
big_p_chara_13.jpg

big_p_chara_15.jpg

big_p_chara_14.jpg

Fun seiyuu fact! It's been confirmed that Veigue will be Hiyama Nobuyuki! (Joe Higashi, Adult Link, Nightmare)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It is rather strange that this game hasn't adopted the 3D combat of ToS. After the near abysmal effort put into ToD2, (chuggy, choppy animation and stretched out clipart) I have my doubts about returning to the hyper clogged nature of 2D combat. (Even Eternia one-upped the first PS2 effort) Doesn't look too bad though, the pixel people are less of a circus act than in ToD2 at least.

That design is actually really good imo, it's alot more in line with the ToD designs than anything shown so far. Probably the best design i've seen in the Tales series in awhile.

ferricide

SolidSnakex said:
That design is actually really good imo, it's alot more in line with the ToD designs than anything shown so far. Probably the best design i've seen in the Tales series in awhile.
quite nice, except for the strawberry frosting tumorhat.

bleh on inomata.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
it looks pretty bad... mostly because of the mix of 2d/3d. They should have just picked one and gone with it.

In the battle scene the characters don't like the right size for the field. Like to me it looks like the characters are about 3 inches tall.

jiggle

Looking good, other than the gaudy colors. I enjoyed TOD2j, so even if this one is just marginally better, I'll probably still like the finished product.

Necroscope said:
Question! Are the characters in the world map and battle drawn in sprites or they are cell shaded 3d models?

If TOD2j is anything to go buy, it'll use a 3d character model on a 3d world map. Though, not necessarily cel shaded.

kiryogi

Banned
Shouta said:
I hate the hair and the hat but damn the clothing is SWEET looking. VERY nice clothing design.
Indeed, its mainly her face that gets me I guess. Clothing design already a lot better than what was offered in Symphonia of course. Gotta give Inomata credit for her details.

ferricide said:
quite nice, except for the strawberry frosting tumorhat.

bleh on inomata.

Yah it's not perfect by any means, but overall the design is really slick. I just wish they were able to translate it better into the sprites. Still it's a good design and my favorite one since Judas in ToD2.

sw_04.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
MoxManiac said:
I just don't get it. After ToS, this seems like such a step back. What the hell, Namco?

ToD2 = ~800,000
ToS = ~300,000

I dunno maybe they are trying to cater it closer to the game that sold well?

kevm3

The in-game backgrounds look great, but the battle backgrounds look attrocious. WTF are you doing Namco? Just make them high quality 2d.

Top Bottom