• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEWS BIAS TO THE LEFT OMG OGM RIPCLAWE LOOK!~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MSW said:
I don't need this study to confirm a left bias in the media.

Well, to be fair this study doesnt take into account editorials opinion stuff and the what not. Its more shocking to see that fox news and drudge report are the most centrist when it comes to news reporting.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
All the OP ED stuff excluding the WSJ would tilt the bias even further to the left.

Hamfam

Didn't understand any of that, not that I really tried.

From scrolling down to the neat visual data though, I did notice that "Special Report" was only used to analyze Fox News, as opposed to the entire channel/site in general with the other outlets. That means stuff like O Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, Big Story w/John Gibson, etc... would have all been left out.

I think they purposefully left those out because those shows are really talk shows hosted by nonjournalists, unlike news shows that are hosted by journalists.. The study simply compared apples to apples. And by that notion, most journalists are inherently liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom