• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finding a reliable, non-biased news source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidan

Echoing others sentiments, go to multiple sources.

I typically stick to the Washington Post. It's a paper of record, and my local paper so I get most of what I need out of it.

MutFox

Banned
Al Jazeera is really good.
They have a 24 hour webstream too - LINK
BBC is good as well... (Always good to see multiple sources though)

I work for a big news company too...
I'd say ours is closer to infotainment.

Mully

You cannot go wrong with a combination of the Washington Post, NY Times, and CBS News for unbiased quality breaking news coverage, NPR and the Atlantic for in-depth features and think pieces about ongoing news events, and the New Yorker and weekly magazines for extremely well written and well researched essay pieces.

Vice

Your local newspaper will usually be more accurate for regional things.
Associated Press for quick informative tidbits. Reuters as well.
BBC, NPR and the like are good but usually lack the finesse of more regional operations.

Kthulhu

Associated Press and Reuters the best

BBC, and Wall Street Journal did well here
PJ_14.10.21_mediaPolarization-01.png

lol at Buzzfeed. Guess Republicans and Democrats can agree on something after all.

samsirus

Neo Member
Im in the multiple sources camp. Normally use news.google.com since it helps to see a few sources at a time, with highly cited and wiki stuff included. Heres an example.

4WtXDq5.png

daveo42

Banned
Get it straight from the AP, or use NPR which is my go-to source for news. WSJ is also up there.

Edit: I wonder how many of those distrusted votes are from the right thinking Al Jazeera is a terrorist organization?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hey Gaf,

Simple question for you guys, where do you get your news from?

I have been looking for a reliable news source for a while, but every single time I find one I like, I end up doing some research and finding out that they have a strong bias. I understand that every site out there is going to have some sort of bias, I'm just looking for one that doesn't let that bias they have rule what content they cover, or how they cover it.

I currently get my news from /r/news, Facebook, and the Philip DeFranco Show.

All news sources are inherently biased.

Embrace the bias. You need to triangulate. I read RT, All Jazeera, CNN, Fox News, Guardian, Daily Mail and Spiegel, figuring the thruth is somewhere in the middle. I just need a China biased English site to complete my deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom