• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next BioShock development "ramping up"

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I haven’t played the original in like 10 years. How does the gameplay hold up? That’s one game I wouldn’t mind getting the remaster treatment, akin to Metroid Prime.

snow isnt scary like water
but maybe youll have to melt snow to unlock new areas/solve puzzles, and the water will be physics-based and if you do it wrong, you drown?

still seems pretty lame

Azzurri

The first BioShock was one of my favorite games of all time.

I beat it in one sitting like 12-14 hours. My hands were so swollen, LMAO

Jesb

The first one was one of Greatest games made. I never played through the 2nd and briefly played Infinite. One of these days I gotta do a whole series run.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I haven’t played the original in like 10 years. How does the gameplay hold up? That’s one game I wouldn’t mind getting the remaster treatment, akin to Metroid Prime.

Another remaster? They just need to patch it, I tried playing the remaster a while back but it kept crashing (Xbox).

Lunarorbit

OMG it's gonna be years. LOL. I can't believe how long it takes for games to ramp up now. Ridiculous. When was the last one? 11 years ago? Ridiculous how long it's taken for this to happen.
I thought this got canceled honestly cause it's been maybe 2 years since I heard about it last. The only person talking about it was moriarty and he's such a fan that he must have heard about the setting when they just decided it

Lunarorbit

Definitely holds up. Played it 2 months ago and only missed 4 diary entries. I hadn't played it for 10 years either

xrnzaaas

Another remaster? They just need to patch it, I tried playing the remaster a while back but it kept crashing (Xbox).
Maybe that's on Xbox, I remember finishing all 3 games on PS4 and I only got one crash. My only complaint was that the remaster of Infinite didn't deliver stable fps, it kept fluctuating.

When I heard Judas was going to be roguelike I lost all hope for it to be good. Hopefully Bioshock 4 is an actual im-sim at the very least like the first Bioshock and hopefully more like SS1/2.

Wait, whaaat? JUDAS is going to be a roguelike?

They confirmed it has roguelike/roguelite elements. How much of that is there, we can only guess, but to me, that means its level design, which BIoshock/SS are great/known for, will suffer to adapt to its rogue mechanics. I expect it to have randomly generated levels as well at this point.

Top Bottom