• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next G4 Icons show: Dead or Alive (clip inside)

I know this series isn't respected here, but I had a hell of a lot of fun with DoA3 in multiplayer games. I love the series. Can't wait to see this episode.

Mrbob

I wouldn't mind seeing this episode of Icons. DoA has really evolved since the first game on in the arcades and Saturn.

hobbitx

Grifter said:
No disrespect to DoA, but aren't there about a zillion other franchises more worth covering?

I like DOA, but I totally agree with you. It's a shame how many great titles still haven't got Icons compared to some of the series that did.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
m0dus said:
and no. DOA is deserving of some recognition. not just for bouncing boobies.
Yeah, it's worth recognizing as that fighting series below Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, Tekken, the Vs. series, and Samurai Showdown. What does that make it? The 8th best fighting game series? Wow, what an honor.

At least it's better than Bloody Roar.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! I don't get digital cable until middle of August so won't be able to catch this! Why is all the good shit coming on cable right before I get it? First the Tyson fight now this.

I'm sorry but G4 is officially cooler than 90% of the shit being shown on cable. Yeah it may suck donkey balls 23 out the 24 hours it airs but if shows like this air only once a week it's worth watching! I can't wait to catch more of these Icons shows. How often does it come on?

Grifter

MetatronM said:
Yeah, it's worth recognizing as that fighting series below Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, Tekken, the Vs. series, and Samurai Showdown. What does that make it? The 8th best fighting game series? Wow, what an honor.

At least it's better than Bloody Roar.

It's a toss beteen DoA and Pit Fighter.

hobbitx

They air reruns of all their shows throughout the day. G4techtv.com has the whole schedule and episode history listed too.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
hobbitx said:
They air reruns of all their shows throughout the day. G4techtv.com has the whole schedule and episode history listed too.

Cool :cool:

Dead or Alive
Shenmue
Rare
Jason Rubin(rumored)

What other entity suddenly sucked after years of praise on this board? Only the shadow knows!!! :)

EDIT: Forgot Peter Molenuex

AeroGod

DoA gets recognition because it saved Tecmo from fucking dying. Tecmo put everything on DoA, if it had failed then Tecmo wouldnt be around today. It took a few simple concepts made them work and created one of the most recognized and succesful fighting game series' ever. Thats why it gets recognition, because it single handedly saved a company. Not many games get a chance to do that, or actually succed doing it and then some.

I watched it when it was on. It was pretty cool because they gave a "tour" of Team Ninja, if you even wanna call it that, and Tomonobu Itagaki basically called everyone who made nude hack for DOAXVB fucking pathetic. LOL. Also, he spoke briefly about what to expect for DOA4 and Code Cronus

EDIT: Tomorrow on ICONS they have something about the history of video game music, so that should be cool.

Top Bottom