• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

DCX

DCX
Falcons have been playing alot of contain and it freezes the LBs. The problem is Nicholas is shit in coverage to begin with.

I assume they might replace Nicholas at times with Mitchell or have Mitchell play SS and Moore in the tackle box to try to cover Davis. Which ever way they go they can't switch the D as it contains the read option and limits Kap. kap is being acurate and our CBs aren't playing tight enough. We shall see how they play it.

DCX

Pack would be winning. =/
Not a chance.

Capers would somehow have forgotten some other crucial football rule, like that running backs are allowed to catch passes.

e: If the hypothetical is "if Dom Capers was still a competent DC, then...", I'm on board. However...

Godslay

Banned
What's up with all these Ravens outside of Gillette Stadium?

sEIb3jh.jpg

I'm a realist and can be a bit pessimistic.

I'll admit that I did want us to suck for Luck. I already went through 1-15, 0-16 for a chance at a great prospect wouldn't have bothered me. I got shit about that from fellow Phins fans. I'm willing to throw away a season for a good chance at long term success.

With that being said, I'm okay with Tannehill. He put up very rookie like numbers, but I'll gladly give him a handful of seasons to mature and become a better player. He only had so much to work with. We must have a focus on playmakers in this year's draft.

We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. That's a perfect opportunity to turn this franchise around. My only worry is that Ireland will fuck it all up.
I understand where you're coming from but I can't ever pull for the team to lose, even if it would potentially help them in the long run. I'm sure I wouldn't have minded after the fact, though.

I'm with you on Tannehill, he didn't blow anyone away this year but his decision making, pocket awareness, and throwing ability all looked very good for a rookie (although his accuracy needs to improve a bit, especially on the long ball). He's also very good at tucking it and running as a last resort and he improved a lot there as the season progressed. Obviously the big thing for him is that he needs some help. Watching this Falcons game you see what guys like Julio, White, and Gonzalez do and I can't help but think that the Phins don't have a single receiver who could hope to make some of these catches. Tannehill needs a true number 1 receiver.

Agreed 100% on the pick situation as well. Ireland has been better with his drafts since Parcells left but he still hasn't been stellar. This is the make or break opportunity for him.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not entirely sure who Jimmy Johnson is but every week he reminds me of someone who has won a prize to be on TV.

Canuck76

Banned
Wow, not seeing a lot of 9ers fans in here.

What's up guys? Bandwagon slowing down a little bit?

Enjoy your last NFC championship game guys

Afrikan

ok...so we played prevent defense in the last 2 minutes..before that we were able to stop them on a couple of drives.

so hopefully we take care of business and

Has he even been hurried this game? No pressure and those targets. He does have good ball location on a lot of these TD passes, but it almost feels reflexive by the media and fans to give the QB all the credit.
Ryan has been much more impressive prior to the snap today than after it. Not that he's done anything wrong afterwards, it's just that the rest of that offense is hitting on all cylinders.

JCizzle

ok...so we played prevent defense in the last 2 minutes..before that we were able to stop them on a couple of drives.

so hopefully we take care of business and

Fangio has been playing that defense all fucking half. We've stopped them what, once? Whoopdie fucking doo, what do you have to lose by mixing it up. He's Caper'ing us.

JABEE

I'm not entirely sure who Jimmy Johnson is but every week he reminds me of someone who has won a prize to be on TV.
Are you talking about Super Bowl winning coach Jimmy Johnson? He also coached Miami to a National Championship.

Top Bottom