• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Spinluck

Can someone explain to me what happen to the Packs D? They were good, like, ranked #2 good like a lil less than a few years ago when they won the SB. I understand that Nick Collins is gone, but damn.

MacAttack

Cam picked.

And did Brady really break his nose?

5aCuV.jpg

He looked pretty fucked up.

TheFrankman said:
Originally Posted by The Frankman:
I know it's one game but why is the Packers D so bad? Good corners in Williams/Shields. Woodson at safety. Decent LBs. Good enough pass rush.

WTF am I missing something?
They have no pass rush (didn't have one last season either so I'm not sure where you're getting that it's good enough.)

Their corners were good.....in 2010. They've regressed. Their safeties are shit and outside of Clay their linebackers are decent.

eznark

Banned
Can someone explain to me what happen to the Packs D? They were good, like, ranked #2 good like a lil less than a few years ago when they won the SB. I understand that Nick Collins is gone, but damn.

Collins is dead, Woodson is old and Tramon Williams lost an arm.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can't stand Jermichael Finley. I know he's a beast, but seriously how do you packers fans feel about his bullshit?

eznark

Banned
Packers have realized the true secret to winning the Super Bowl is entering the playoffs as a Wild Card. 10-6 here we come!

Doorman

Can this Brian Arakpo commercial for Geico please just finally go away and die? I feel bad for them if he's the best NFL player that they were able to get for an ad.

They have no pass rush (didn't have one last season either so I'm not sure where you're getting that it's good enough.)

Their corners were good.....in 2010. They've regressed. Their safeties are shit and outside of Clay their linebackers are decent.
Woodson at safety isn't a upgrade of what they had? And wasn't Tramon locking down people last year? All I heard from GB fans was Tramon this and that. As the pass rush is basically them LB blitzing with Clay.

They don't need to be all-world, that's basically what I mean. They just need to be average, but they're not even close.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I can't stand Jermichael Finley. I know he's a beast, but seriously how do you packers fans feel about his bullshit?

Well he can't catch but he's big and fast so...teach him to cover and play defense?

Can this Brian Arakpo commercial for Geico please just finally go away and die? I feel bad for them if he's the best NFL player that they were able to get for an ad.

I don't think Brian Orakpo has ever been named "All-Pro" anything either.

Top Bottom