• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Doorman

Why is John Wendling on defense? ST only.

Because 3 of our starting 4 in the backfield are out with injuries already.

Not that it's an excuse for what's probably going to be a beatdown from the early look, I leave that up to the 49ers being better-coached. But I do think we'd have a better chance to at least slow down opponents if we ever managed to field an actual secondary.

It's been a problem of the team for years. Most of our backfield sucks, and the ones that do turn out to be able to play somewhat get injured, without fail.

Drakeon

Because 3 of our starting 4 in the backfield are out with injuries already.

Not that it's an excuse for what's probably going to be a beatdown from the early look, I leave that up to the 49ers being better-coached. But I do think we'd have a better chance to at least slow down opponents if we ever managed to field an actual secondary.

It's been a problem of the team for years. Most of our backfield sucks, and the ones that do turn out to be able to play somewhat get injured, without fail.

Or they get arrested twice within a month while being a rookie.

Still confused as hell about why Manning didn't have the niners on his #1 list. Godly defense + a no huddle offense with those offensive options? Record setting.

Doorman

Or they get arrested twice within a month while being a rookie.

Irrelevant, considering Fairley is actually there and going to play. We're missing both our starting corners and a starting safety that seems to be considered one of the D's biggest leaders.

WedgeX

Banned
I realize that Kevin Smith is not injured so he can run, but maybe Stafford-Megatron should happen more often.

edit:

Imma wizard.

Nameless

Still confused as hell about why Manning didn't have the niners on his #1 list. Godly defense + a no huddle offense with those offensive options? Record setting.

I don't think he wanted to acquiesce to Harbaugh, Roman, and their scheme. John Fox knows about as much about offense Jamarcus Russell and they pretty much Manning the ropes.

Drakeon

Irrelevant, considering Fairley is actually there and going to play. We're missing both our starting corners and a starting safety that seems to be considered one of the D's biggest leaders.

Wasn't one of your CB's you drafted arrested twice and then cut?

Doorman

ALL THAT TIME: 6 yard pass. Woo.

Wasn't one of your CB's you drafted arrested twice and then cut?

You're referring to Aaron Berry, who was not a rookie and I'm not even sure he was drafted in Detroit. His spot after release went to Dwight (Bill) Bentley, who is also injured and out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions fans, explain to me why both of your drives have opened up by running twice.

Here's why: Scott Linehan has a set of scripted plays he wants to run at the beginning of games. If they don't work, he tries them again.

Turnstile Backus with the hold!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow that ref is like the anti-Hochuli.

Looks like he has the body type of Don Knotts.

Now THAT should have been Pi, not the previous play. Rogers got there first and never turned to look at the ball.

Top Bottom