• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

I don't understand why coordinators drop these big DT/DE into coverage when they rush three. Why not line a LB/S and drop them back, who can actually cover a bit.

LJ11

Not wanting to show their hand?

Yeah, I guess, but does it really fool anyone? I don't know, seems like you give the QB more time to throw and don't increase your coverage, may close down a window a bit but I don't know. These guys get paid, know way more than I do, but it seems silly on these 3rd and longs.

Cams eyes there....

scared_panther_by_gineus-d36kz0a.jpg

Rorschach

Yeah, I guess, but does it really fool anyone? I don't know, seems like you give the QB more time to throw and don't increase your coverage, may close down a window a bit but I don't know. These guys get paid, know way more than I do, but it seems silly on these 3rd and longs.

On third and long, I don't see the point, but I have seen DEs completely disappear for QBs when they drop back. It's like they turn into ninjas! Yeah, they throw darts at the DE that they don't catch, but at least it's a loss of down. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom