• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

eznark

Banned
I'm anti avatar bet as a rule anyway, but making an avatar bet with a brony seems the height of foolishness. You better be real sure your team is gonna win, son.

LJ said:
You know what, he's limited with what he can do in coverage, he's older and not fast enough, but he's been pretty good for the Bills.
Oh yeah, he's actually been at least marginally effective from what I've seen, but he also has a tendency to shut it down when the game is over, no matter how much time is left on the clock.

jbug617

Banned
THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ

DeaconKnowledge said:
What's wrong with the game?
Sorry was in a meeting at work so a bit late on the response. Some of it was already covered. It's janky as fuck with a horrid HUD, mindless shooting and QTE's and it perfectly encapsulates the problem with Resident Evil as it exists today. A franchise stuck between wanting to be an Call of Duty style roller coaster action game and survival horror game while not committing to either one or doing either well. I thought it was crap but then I'm one of those folks that absolutely loved the survival horror genre when the games were actually about horror and not action.

Milchjon said:
original.gif
:jnc perfect.

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah I should have figured that last night's game was lose-lose for me.

Dallas wins, DALLAS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY!

Chicago wins, Chicago is the best team in the NFC and Cutler is elite!
I dunno, nothing better than living in TX when Dallas loses :)

But yeah the bears won ;(

Seda

In case you were curious:

"It wasn't anything about Mike ... He came over and said we got to make that (first down). I said I know."

"It's unfortunate that these things get so much attention"

"Play was in in plenty of time. Not reason for exchange with Tice on sideline" (paraphrased)

"If I yell on sidelines I get killed. If I say nothing on the sidelines I get killed"

what a joker

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No way we lose to the Seahawks.

I couldn't take it.

Not before another Bobcats season.

squicken

So, are all Colts fans now a part of the Arians Nation?

No. They threw 46 times vs JAX. It's absurd to do that with a rookie franchise QB and a horrible OL. Not sure if they are getting some of their injured linemen back but it's stupid either way

What's crazy is Luck took zero sacks (though he got hit a lot). He has an amazing ability to sense and escape pressure. It's too bad more people don't get to watch their games

Crisco

Banned
No way we lose to the Seahawks.

I couldn't take it.

Not before another Bobcats season.

I'm worried about this game. Lynch specializes in breaking tackles, and our defense specializes in not making them. They have superior athletes on their d-line and one of the best secondaries in the league. Panthers need to come out with a very conservative game plan, run the ball a lot, and make Wilson beat us.

Milchjon

Rejoicing over the deaths of young black men. Germans gonna German.

Hey! I wasn't rejoicing! And I don't think they mentioned skin color?!? Racist!

Also, for the sake of historical accuracy, Germany's past unfortunate behavior never really targeted black people, as far as I can tell. (Can't make up a common enemy to rally your people like Hitler did if that group of people doesn't really exist in your country...). The white on black hate was always confined to other countries. We don't have as much of a colonial history as for instance the Dutch, the British or the French, so black people have always been a marginal minority.

Rorschach

Saw it a while ago, it's really crazy. To make you smile, watch the Romo Hero Progession thingy. Especially after the last game, this is pure comedy.

Actually, that video almost made me want to start rooting for him. Hope he goes to the Cards and wins one!

Wrayfield

I'm gonna play some Madden and delve into a fantastic life of a Dolphins franchise dominating the NFL. (At least I traded Dansby and drafted a younger faster MLB, that bastard was overpaid even in Madden.)

Unless I can download NBA2k13, then I'm spending Reunification Day in MyPlayer mode.

Bowser

Fuck it, I've worn that fat bastard Freeman as an avatar and Cowardly Ryan, I can take a few ponies (altho I may not post)!

One week avatar bet Hito, you're on!

All I can think of is that "YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD" pic

Maybe that is for the best. He has a lot of talent but it never seemed like Mark and him got a long well. They might get a younger guy in their who the QB has better chemistry with. Its not like their offense can get any worse.

Well they got Hill essentially to replace Holmes at some point...only issue is that he's hurt.

Cagey

Banned
Maybe that is for the best. He has a lot of talent but it never seemed like Mark and him got a long well. They might get a younger guy in their who the QB has better chemistry with. Its not like their offense can get any worse.

Tim-Tebow-gets-help-keeping-the-faith-FU22QSLF-x-large.jpg

Challenge accepted.

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ

Wasn't it 30 movies for 30 years of ESPN?

Originally. Then it got expanded with a documentary about Steve Bartman/Bill Buckner and went from there, I think. I think they're calling tonight's Volume 2, about athletes being shitty with money.

Edit: Actually got expanded with the Fab Five doc.

effzee

Andy Reid only commits to running the football against the NY Giants. Chuck-and-duck will be on display this weekend against the Steelers. True story.

While there is no doubt Reid will abandon the run, I hope at least they retain the short passing game they employed a lot against the Giants. If the defenses are covering the deep ball, OLINE can't provide more than 2 seconds, and Vick needs to make faster decisions stick to the WCO of small dump offs to Celek, Avant, and McCoy. Throw more screens and force the D to play up more so they can possibly break the long one to Maclin or DJAX.

And just saw on ESPN that Tomlin believes both Harrison and Polamalu are expected to play. Of course had to be against the Eagles.

Bowser

I will never question a guy's injury, but we're starting to see more and more of players dropping the ball when they get hurt. Jets receiver Santonio Holmes was the latest when he suffered a lower leg injury after catching a pass and just dropped the ball against the 49ers. Carlos Rogers scooped it up and ran it in for a score. Yes, it hurts. And I'm sure more than we know. But just dropping the ball has to stop. That's callous disregard for the football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/20423978/prisco's-monday-musings

Seriously?

Well they got Hill essentially to replace Holmes at some point...only issue is that he's hurt.

They need to bring in some guys. I think Chad Hall is still out of work they should bring him in. The Jets should be trying out every FA WR there is. Sanchez had his "best" season throwing to Braylon, they need to find someone that he trusts.

Bowser

You disagree?

My point is I don't think it's a conscious decision for players to just drop the football when they feel severe pain - it's likely an involuntary reaction. I doubt Holmes thought "oh fuck my knee/ankle, fuck this football, here take it." I think Prisco's take is callous disregard for the amount of pain the player is feeling (and, frankly, a callous disregard for football players as people).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They need to bring in some guys. I think Chad Hall is still out of work they should bring him in. The Jets should be trying out every FA WR there is. Sanchez had his "best" season throwing to Braylon, they need to find someone that he trusts.

Is Braylon even playing in Seattle? Dude might as well just ask for his release and sign with the Jets. Seems like it'd benefit both parties.

Top Bottom