• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Smokey

I realize you dudes love horse meat, but why do you guys go underage with it? Is there no taboo around under-age sex in the furry community? Well, I guess since none of the animals can consent anyway, it's kind of moot?

my chest

it hurts

Mrbob

Khold and Seda both picking the Bears to win? Now I'm worried.

what if he cries into his pillow every night?

Wrong QB. Did you see Cutler's comments about the walk off with Tice? Completely trolling the media. Misunderstood genius. He has all the media at the palm of his hand.

Here is your crying QB:

Cam-Newton.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like it's just a matter of time or a really bad performance by Cutler, for him to go Coors Light commercial on the press.

Sanjuro

That's why I said bad drafting and acquisitions over the past few years have hurt the team and its showing now. But that isn't solely on Rex, Tannenbaum is as much to blame for this disaster as Rex is.

He still hasn't shown he is a very good coach. You may be more reasonable than your cohorts, but most Jets fans are looking to blame every other individual possible instead of looking right in front of them.

We've been to Superbowls every decade since the 80s.
So I guess SB appearances is the measure of "awesome" you're going with?

My goodness guys, here is the original post I responded to:

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I forgot. Getting to the AFC Championship game is the equivalent of a Super Bowl victory in JetsLand. My bad.
All I was saying is that this makes it sound like the Patriots have been winning SB's non-stop since their inception.

Context.

Seda

Khold and Seda both picking the Bears to win? Now I'm worried.

I'm not jaded enough to fail to see the they're playing the Jags next week. Bears should win.

However, Cutler is the QB, and makes every game interesting.

Actually, it doesn't make it sound like that at all. What do the Patriots have to do with Rex Ryan?
I don't know, coming from a Pats fan it just seemed to imply that the Patriots had some majestic higher standard of winning SB's all the time. But if I distance myself from my hatred of the Patriots I can understand how you could say that statement without those implications so I apologize if I jumped the gun.

Let's be clear here, I'm generally an equal opportunity hater when it comes to the Patriots and Jets, although the Jets probably get the slight nod because my wife and her family are from Boston and they are all huge Pats fans.

Sanjuro

I don't know, coming from a Pats fan it just seemed to imply that the Patriots had some majestic higher standard of winning SB's all the time. But if I distance myself from my hatred of the Patriots I can understand how you could say that statement without those implications so I apologize if I jumped the gun.

Let's be clear here, I'm an equal opportunity hater when it comes to the Patriots and Jets.

No, it seems to imply you're trolling. I mentioned nothing about the Patriots.

He still hasn't shown he is a very good coach. You may be more reasonable than your cohorts, but most Jets fans are looking to blame every other individual possible instead of looking right in front of them.

I think Rex Ryan is a good motivator as a coach but I don't think the leadership capability is there. He was very fortunate fo have Lewis, Suggs and Reed in Baltimore cause they held that locker room in check. The Jets had that with Tony Richardson but they stupidly let him go.

LJ11

Xs and Os type question. When AZ does those A-gap blitzes, how do teams beat that? It seems like if a man comes free there's really nothing a QB can do since it's right up the middle. My guess would be swing pass to back or WR screens, but they seem to take that away and challenge you to pick it up and beat them deep

How many are they bringing, just the two ILB or is the OLB also looping inside before the snap? Read they were bring triple A gap heat.

Milchjon

Rex Ryan is awesome. One of the better things that have happened to the league in the past 5 years.

Also, he seems to pretty much guarantee the Pats the playoffs, which is a nice bonus.

Rex & Mark 4 lyfe

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think Rex Ryan is a good motivator as a coach but I don't think the leadership capability is there. He was very fortunate fo have Lewis, Suggs and Reed in Baltimore cause they held that locker room in check. The Jets had that with Tony Richardson but they stupidly let him go.

I honestly am not sure he's a great motivator. I've always thought Rex was on the verge of a catastrophy. There's always been rumbles of a total collapse in the locker room, or the whole 45-3 fiasco, or people getting sick of his "this is the year we finally do it". All his talk has been catching up to him for a while now.

Sanjuro

If you mentioned the Patriots then how could it be implied...? I inferred it based on the fact that you're a Pats fan. I also admitted that I might have done so wrongly in the post you just quoted.

It still has no relevance.

It's really tough to take him seriously. He has always given off the impression he enjoys being the Rex Ryan character more than coaching the New York Jets. Although, that's all on a level of body language.

Like I said before, he just doesn't make the adjustments a head coach needs to make.

Rex Ryan is Sansa, singing his songs.

Be careful on spoilers you bums, I just started Feast for Crows. Hodor is still alive as far as I know, damnit Kave Man.

Rorschach

How many are they bringing, just the two ILB or is the OLB also looping inside before the snap? Read they were bring triple A gap heat.

Yep, triple with the corner or safety. Beat it with the quick slot throw and/or shift the line. QBs they faced are just too dumb. You got shitty system QBs that can't handle pressure like Brady, scramblers like Vick, and a midget. You can't beat it that way!

LJ11

I honestly am not sure he's a great motivator. I've always thought Rex was on the verge of a catastrophy. There's always been rumbles of a total collapse in the locker room, or the whole 45-3 fiasco, or people getting sick of his "this is the year we finally do it". All his talk has been catching up to him for a while now.

Got over that 45-3 fiasco pretty quickly if I recall. Totally out coached Bill and the boys. Lost the locker room one day, gained it the next I guess.

Yep, triple with the corner or safety. Beat it with the quick slot throw and/or shift the line. QBs they faced are just too dumb. You got shitty system QBs that can't handle pressure like Brady, scramblers like Vick, and a midget. You can't beat it that way!

Haven't watched much of the Cards, some brief moments against the Eagles, game was over in a hurry so I didn't stick around. I know Rex ran it with two DL in what looked like 3 techniques, OLB moved inside right before snap.

TDK Rises

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT In Pittsburgh, with Big Ben and the best 1-2 combo of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. Yeah I'm looking at you Roddy and Julio
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR Skittles
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE 4+ TD's for Brady
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO

MONDAY OCT 8TH