• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

demigod

When did NFL teams start to always defer to the second half? I swear, in 2005, every team that won the coin flip always started on offense. I think taking the ball in the 2nd half is way smarter anyway, you can either stop momentum or curb stomp the other team.

Probably copied Belichick.

It was being done before Harbaugh.

It was being done well before Harbaugh.

I remember John Fox made a habit out of deferring kickoffs since he started...in 2003.

I think defensive minded head coaches are just naturally more inclined to see their defense start the game rather than the offense. Like someone else said, if anyone can be credited with starting the trend, it's probably Belichick.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Being a Lions fan in SoCal sucks. Fox either has the Cowboys, 49ers, Giants or Packers. zzzz

Guess its going to be the boys at 97.1 The Ticket with a slight delay.

Stafford about to light some Iggles up can't wait. :D

Oh and watch out for the Suh vs. backup center matchup today.
Fixed that for you... But since you facing the Eagles, lets go Lions :O...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot get over how long it takes Stafford to become accurate in a game.

It's like he never warms up.

Drakeon

It was being done well before Harbaugh.

I remember John Fox made a habit out of deferring kickoffs since he started...in 2003.

I think defensive minded head coaches are just naturally more inclined to see their defense start the game rather than the offense. Like someone else said, if anyone can be credited with starting the trend, it's probably Belichick.

Alrigh alright, so I was wrong. I don't watch any team but the niners often, so I wasn't aware of how widespread it was.

Top Bottom