• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

brentech

damn, that's hella lame, just start pushing them out anytime you're defending the end zone then.

if not illegal to just do that, shouldn't it be illegal contact at the least

LJ11

Yeah, this loss was on Fitzpatrick, but it was more so on the coaching. The defense has all the talent in the world, but they're continously out coached. Instead of running the ball 3 times for 7 yards to put away the game, the coach calls 3 straight passing plays, when history has shown that Fitz cannot win under pressure. They knew that the rest of the game, which is why they were limited him to safe underneath throws. Suddenly, they decide he needs to toss the ball around for absolutely no fucking reason.

The entire coaching staff is inept, and Gailey holding on to Fitz so that his contract actually activates the huge money clauses, thereby fucking the team over for years means he should be summarily fired after the press conference. He needs to be gone, Fitz needs to be gone. It's clear we're not winning shit this year. Time to try out some other QB prospects and see if anything gels.

I really don't think they have talent on D to be honest. It's Byrd and K.Williams, I'll even throw Gilmore in there for now, though teams avoid him because everyone else is shit. Wasted picks on D over and over and over, busts everywhere.

Dareus was fucking pitiful, dude dominates average talent, gets destroyed by everyone else. Couldn't even feast on the Titans weak interior. Garbage play from him. Carrington outperformed his ass.

They need a fucking purge. I was delusional when I though things would change 3 years ago. I think it's time I make a change because they're clearly not going to.

untitled-75tu1u.gif

JCizzle

The refs deserve to be investigated for that. The Saints ALWAYS get away with everything unless their coach orders them to injure players on camera.

Slo

If that isn't resetablishing then there is no such thing as reestablishing and anyone who ever goes out of bounds can never catch a ball again.

On NFLRedzone they said that there's a special rule for the endzone, there is no WR re-establishment.

Seda

From google:

"A receiver running a downfield pattern can not intentionally go out of bounds and then come back into the field of play to catch the football. If this occurs, the catch will be negated by the official, who will call a penalty for illegal touching. However, if the receiver gets bumped out of bounds by a defender, he can re-establish his field position by getting back into the field of play as quickly as possible. He must also step in bounds with both feet before he catches the pass. The official must determine that the receiver was indeed shoved out of bounds, and that he got back into the field of play as fast as he possibly could."

doesn't say anything about endzone rules...it says downfield pattern

exarkun

ZUBAZ WIN AGAIN

Rodgers clear NFL MVP at this point in the year

trolololol

Watt is clearly MVP. Rodgers has had a great game and a good one the last two weeks, doesnt erase the ass that was the colts game!

Im thinking about buying Zubaz, you convinced me.

Draconian

If that isn't resetablishing then there is no such thing as reestablishing and anyone who ever goes out of bounds can never catch a ball again.

This is just like these crappy catch rules they've come up with where you have to "establish possession" by making an offensive move, taking 10 steps with the ball, reading a book, and then maybe we can say possession was established.

_woLf

What's worse, GB-SEA call with replacement refs, or TB-NO call with "real" refs?

I'm going with TB-NO. That was just bad.

Top Bottom