• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

GO NINERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!

only about a month away until i can get rid of this god awful avatar. and then he's back!

k-bigpic.jpg

Mr.Swag

Banned
I hate loving in miami; our inferior sport team is awesome, yet our sport of the gods team sucks.

I'd trade Heat success for Dolphins success any day.

Peterson sacrificed his ACL two years ago in order for the Vikings to avoid the ACL decimating apocalypse that is descending upon the NFL right now.

I am going to guess this guy is a New York Yankees and Detroit Red Wings fan as well. This kind of pond scum is not welcome here. *spits in chew bucket*

Gary Oldman certainly is welcome here.

Still, a Lakers/Pats fan will get some questions. He can switch to the Celtics bandwagon before the next dynasty begins in 2016.

Cowboys 4life guyz.

Look out for the new 4-3 Defense, new offensive plays thanks to Garrett not being the OC for the first time in 6 years and look out for new talent under RB once Murray stubs his toe.

exarkun

Moore still better than Tannehill.

The Boys secondary still looked like doo doo.

Jason still doesnt know what the fuck to do with a lead.

GO NINERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!

only about a month away until i can get rid of this god awful avatar. and then he's back!

k-bigpic.jpg

I'm going to miss it when it goes. What a sweet avatar bet victory. It's a shame we do t play this year, I'd love to add to my record.

BaltimoreLarry 2
FMT 0

Kiryu

What to watch for:
These are write ups that quickly detail the storylines for camp/preseason. I'll write one for the Steelers soon and I'll link them all here. Check back often!

Pick your team and write a few words on what everyone should be watching for, be it players or schema. When the rest of us watch your team, we will pay attention to the areas you cite and post our thoughts.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
Saint Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

I don't see Seattle Seahawks on the list.
I sense there are so much "hate" toward Seattle Seahawks. Dammit.

Player to watch on Seattle Seahawks.

For me, I want to watch DT Jesse Williams "Tha Monster" on the field.

ChanHuk

Banned
These night shifts are rough. Also fuck Gata and Pats fans.

Also Dion Jordan was going up against Cowboys scrubs, their second stringers are horrid. He needs to grow into his body.

Spades

These night shifts are rough. Also fuck Gata and Pats fans.

Also Dion Jordan was going up against Cowboys scrubs, their second stringers are horrid. He needs to grow into his body.

Don't take it away from me.

I agree though. But baby steps. He's only been in camp for a week and was the most positive thing about the Dolphins last night.

Spades

At least I have the day off work today, so last night wasn't a total bust. A day of Halo 4 and Pikmin 3 for me.

Milchjon

What is your test in?

Object oriented programming. Most of it isn't overly hard to understand, but we have to learn a shitload of stuff and my memory is beyond bad, plus I started studying to late.

Oh well, there's always the next attempt.

Spades

Object oriented programming. Most of it isn't overly hard to understand, but we have to learn a shitload of stuff and my memory is beyond bad, plus I started studying to late.

Oh well, there's always the next attempt.

Ah, OO, it's been a while.

SonnyBoy

Washington Redskins

Offense:

1. RGIII's health and the evolution of meshing Shanahans offense with the read-option.

2. Who becomes the change of pace back for Washington? We didn't run many screens last year. Alfred Morris has been said to have improved his catching skills. But keep an eye on the oft-injured Roy Helu, and the two rookies Chris Thompson and Jawan Jamison.

3. During the 7 game win streak, the offense was missing TE Fred Davis. He went out earlier in the year with an achilles. He's back, at full health. Does he stay healthy? And how do the Redskins incorporate draft pick Jordan Reed who's athletically gifted.

4. Pierre Garcon, will the toe injury flare up again? Josh Morgan led the team in receptions last year but played with 2 painful screws in his ankle. They've been removed, will his production and explosiveness return? Aldrick Robinson is having a terrific camp, will he force his way into more playing time.

5. The RT was the leaky point on the OL last year. Has Tyler Polumbus improved at all in his pass-pro?

Defense:

1. Will Brandon Meriweather be healthy enough to start on week 1? If not, it'll either be Reed Doughty or rookie Phillip Thomas.

2. Keep an eye on rookie Baccari Rambo at the FS position. He was an interception machine in college, will that translate over to the NFL. Rambo is having a solid camp thus far.

3. Rookie CB David Amerson. Led collegiate football in interceptions in 2011 but faltered in his 2012 campaign by trying to hard to surpass the previous years accomplishments. Can the coaches get him on the right track mentally? His physical traits aren't a question at all. CB Josh Wilson may be the surprise cut of training camp. EJ Biggers from Tampa Bay was rated very highly by..., I believe it was Profootball Focus. How will he fare in Washington?

4. Brian Orakpo's return, how long will it last? Take note of his pass rushing ability and how that assists a very young but talented secondary. Has he learned any new pass rushing moves?

5. Rookie OLB Brandon Jenkins has been very explosive in his pass-rushing during camp. Keep an eye on him during the preseason. He was a player that was highly touted until a foot injury lowered his draft value. Now completely healthy, the Redskins believe that they have acquired a great talent for a great price.

6. The suspensions of OLB Rob Jackson and DE Jarvis Jenkins. Moving into the season, how does the team deal with the depth concerns?

Special Teams:

1. Probowler and special teams ACE Lorenzo Alexander departed for Arizona, he'll be missed and hard to replace.

2. Teams coach Danny Smith went to Pittsburgh, Keith Burns in his replacement. ST can make or break games for you. The changes here aren't covered by the media at all and could really be the deciding factor in a lot of games.

3. 2012 rookie Kai Forbath made 16 of his 17 attempts. Will that success translate into 2013? Also, his kickoffs rarely went for touch-backs. Kai stated it was simply a kink in his "mechanics", time will tell. Leg power isn't an issue because he's capable of kicking 60 yard+ FG's.

WedgeX

Banned
I am going to guess this guy is a New York Yankees and Pittsburg penguins fan as well. This kind of pond scum is not welcome here. *spits in chew bucket*

Fixed.

Lets not mistake every single person moving out of Michigan and still following the wings for random hop ons.

Okay, here goes. Dolphins-GAF, please feel free to let me know if you see something that needs to be changed or added (assuming you don't want to do your own write-up).

Miami Dolphins

0ap2000000226145_video_rhr_210.jpg

Offense:

1. How much will Ryan Tannehill improve in his second year as a starting QB in the NFL? Tannehill is more inexperienced than his fellow class of 2012 QB's but with a full year as an NFL starter under his belt he's running out of excuses quickly. Head coach Joe Philbin and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman have also had a full season to settle in with Tannehill as the starter, and Ireland brought in plenty of new weapons for Tannehill to work with. Unless the offensive line is as bad as eznark predicts, Tannehill won't have many excuses left. Time to step up!

2. How much of a factor will Lamar Miller be? Miller is a second year RB out of Miami and is set to take the place of Reggie Bush (now with the Lions destined for 1800 yards). The coaching staff has been high on his speed and toughness this offseason, and his work ethic is also fairly well documented. On a side note --- how many hand-offs will he fumble this year?

3. Will the addition of Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, and Dustin Keller impact the passing game as significantly as Miami would like? Will Wallace's $60 million groin continue to bother him?

4. How will Brian Hartline perform now that he is no longer the number one receiver?

5. How will the o-line hold up? Second year player Jonathan Martin is set as the starter at LT (replacing Jake Long who is now with the Rams). Martin has looked shaky in training camp as well as his first preseason game which makes him the biggest concern for the team. Additionally, the loss of John Jerry (RG) in training camp has allowed Josh Samuda (second year G) a chance to step in as a starter, and the Dolphins also have a new starting RT in the recently signed Tyson Clabo (9 year vet, previously with the Falcons).

Defense

1. Will Cameron Wake (DE) continue his reign of terror? This is really more of a rhetorical question, the point is you should pay more attention to Cam Wake.

2. Who will step up opposite of Cam Wake as the other starting DE? Will the flashy Dion Jordan, third overall pick in the draft, make enough progress to contribute substantially in his rookie season, or will Olivier Vernon, second year man out of Miami, continue improving in training camp to secure his spot as a starter? Will defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle find a way to get Wake, Jordan, and Vernon on the field together on passing downs?

3. How will new LB's Dannell Ellerbe (5 year pro previously with the Ravens) and Phillip Wheeler (6 year pro previously with the Raiders) contribute to the defense as starters? Will they help generate more turnovers as Philbin and Ireland expect?

4. After missing all of last season with an Achilles injury, will former Falcons CB Brent Grimes live up to his billing as a number one CB? Reports indicate that he has recovered 100% from his injury, but will the results support those claims? At the other CB spot, will 7 year pro Richard Marshall bounce back from his season ending back injury in 2012? Will rookie CB's Will Davis and Jamar Taylor contribute in their first year with the team?

5. Will Reshad Jones continue to be an incredible safety that no one knows about?

Special Teams

1. Will former team MVP Brandon Fields (P) compete for team MVP this season as well?

2. Who will the kicker be? Incumbent Dan Carpenter has looked fairly decent in training camp and preseason but rookie Caleb Sturgis is looking to steal the role. Will Sturgis' background as a Florida Gator (aka, criminal-to-be) scare the coaches away from taking a shot on him?

HERE WE GO!

Spades

2. Who will the kicker be? Incumbent Dan Carpenter has looked fairly decent in training camp and preseason but rookie Caleb Sturgis is looking to steal the role. Will Sturgis' background as a Florida Gator (aka, criminal-to-be) scare the coaches away from taking a shot on him?

All Sturgis needs to do is not embarrass himself in the preseason and he'll win that job on salary alone. I think he'll save us around $2-3m in space.

Heard on the radio RGIII looks great except for the odd time or two where he isn't planting on deep throws.

nope nope nope

just keep him out for the year

I just don't think it's a good idea.

It's Jets-Age in this biatch, get at me baby.

I know I'm supposed to assume that we're going to suck - and we're very, very likely to 4-12 suck, even - but I am still excited about the new season anyway. Plus, Jets defense is likely to be very, very good.

...oh god, revis christ why :( :(

Top Bottom