• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really fail to see the logic behind "Bench RG3 because he's rusty/scared". Isn't the only remedy for that more play time? If he was gimpy or hurt or really tweaked his knee and that's why he couldn't plant then yeah, I get it, but this guy had no preseason. He's going to have to work his way back during the regular season one way or another unless you propose sitting him the entire season and giving him another crack at next year's preseason. I am not the biggest Shanahan fan around but people are on his ass for no reason.

brentech

I really fail to see the logic behind "Bench RG3 because he's rusty/scared". Isn't the only remedy for that more play time? If he was gimpy or hurt or really tweaked his knee and that's why he couldn't plant then yeah, I get it, but this guy had no preseason. He's going to have to work his way back during the regular season one way or another unless you propose sitting him the entire season and giving him another crack at next year's preseason. I am not the biggest Shanahan fan around but people are on his ass for no reason.
That's what I was thinking as well. He's been practicing, so it's not like more practice is going to knock the rust off.

Lunchbox

Banned

that's what you get for trading the bank for a glass jaw gimmick QB

Matt Barkley was the future

andthebeatgoeson

Yup, no way to get out of this but play. His accuracy will come back.

He needs game time. No question. He's out there now and it makes no sense to pull him.

The argument can be made though that he shouldn't have been put out there tonight though. Cousins took the majority if reps in the preseason and has proven he can win you games. The opportunity was there to give Griffin a good full 2-3 weeks of practice time to re-acclimate himself before getting tossed out there.

That's what I was thinking as well. He's been practicing, so it's not like more practice is going to knock the rust off.

...but it can build some additional confidence in that knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom