• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I don't know what I'd take from this game about your D. They're well rested as the Skins have shit themselves numerous times, and the QB is making awful throws ending drives that they don't give it right away.
When knows, but this doesn't seem like a good barometer.

True.

I am not going to get too hyped. Its just 1 game and Vick is always 1 hit away from being done for the season.

STILL our D has been so bad for 2 straight years that this is an amazing change. Last year we had no turnovers, sacks, or pressure. I just see a little bounce in everyone.

WTF are you doing Celek?

Doomsayer

McCoy is a beast, holy shit.

Eagles D looks decent? I haven't caught the whole game, is it more of the Defense looking good or IRG3 looking bad?

effzee

Eagles getting sloppy.

Can't let them get back into it at all.

Fuck Boykin hurt? He has been playing lights out pre season and now this game.

Can we put Foles in and just hand off to Brown and Polk rest of the game?

Lunchbox

Banned
I need rg1.5 to score so cunt Kelly puts McCoy back in

I lead my fantasy by 3 points thanks to McCoy by other guy has Andre Johnson left to play.

#100$buyInLeague

jchap

Redskins offseason transition into this game:

baby-tunnel.gif

Colasante

Regardless of how hobbled RG3 has been, I've been really impressed by the Eagles defense, which I thought would be a bottom five unit. They're ferocious so far.

andthebeatgoeson

True.

I am not going to get too hyped. Its just 1 game and Vick is always 1 hit away from being done for the season.

STILL our D has been so bad for 2 straight years that this is an amazing change. Last year we had no turnovers, sacks, or pressure. I just see a little bounce in everyone.

WTF are you doing Celek?
Tackling is much better. A small thing but missed tackles are demoralizing to me. I can only imagine what it's like to a pro.

They are getting some run stops.

Some open field tackles. Like that one on the point return. You have to like the improvement. Don't think they are the niners but it's better.

Crisco

Banned
Well this looks pretty awful for the Redskins. Granted, it was predictable. 2nd year QB who missed most of the training camp and all of the preseason, crap defense vs a gimmick offense that's hard to prepare for.

effzee

I love love love the emphasis on special teams by Chip.

We let go of some quality back ups but only kept players who could and would play special teams. Guys who would give it their all.

And it shows. We are getting really good coverage units and tackling.

JUST ONE GAME JUST ONE GAME JUST ONE GAME JUST ONE GAME.

effzee

Good to see Boykin back in.

D obviously won't have the same intensity right now. Just humanely impossible to play as well hyped as they were in the first half.

Lets just hope they don't give up a quick score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom