• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

squicken

With the amount of immigrants that Canada has it just disgusts me that we aren't better in soccer.

But then again I remember how corrupt and inept the leaders of our soccer program are and understand.

I'm not even a big soccer fan and it upsets me this much.

You want to bring back the folks in charge of your 80s track team?

Texans never had that killer instinct other teams have.

One does:

andre-johnson-go-ham-o.gif

matt-schaub-and-andre-johnson-have-words-after-loss-to-oakland.gif

Can't believe someone was saying Cutler could wind up in Houston. :jnc

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
McNair mentioned case by name and said they need to find out what they have. If he's a starter or a backup and the only way to see that is to play him. Mentioned nothing about schaub lol. Said jags beating them twice was the last straw lmao

That move last night did kubes in

yea i liked what i heard from mcnair today.

was in an interview when the push text came from nfl mobile that kubes was gone. I was like HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!

I don't mind keeping rick smith, the team is talented, they've lost 8 of these games by a touch down or less, i think its soley a coaching issue, but time will tell. He's brought in more good players than not, via draft and undrafted players.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
John Clayton also mentioned Mike Shanahan as poss candidate for #Texans HC. Called it "perfect fit." Couldn't be smoother transition for O.

Ultimate troll if that happens. Kyle a better choice, but Bob said he wants HC experience

I cant believe I was actually worried for a second he'd turn around your team. I guess some people can only do the 1 thing and cant adjust to other roles
I remember when Browns first got Holmgren I was so excited. Me and my friends thought Holmgren and McCoy would take us to the promise land. Huahhh those were the days.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd be salty too if I was Dutch. Shit is unjust

So for us dirty poors here who know nothing about soccer and it's structure. Why is everyone so salty right now?

From what I am putting together France ended up in a very weak group and people are really pissed off about it because they're corrupt?

squicken

McNair said he's looking for a replacement with prior NFL head-coaching experience. Former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith's name came up as a possibility, though Houston intends to cast a wide net. "It's based more on the individual," McNair said. "We're looking for a coach who's bright, ethical, innovative and is able to make adjustments."

Read the last part of that quote again. It sure feels like a cringe-worthy shot at Kubiak.

You're saying the sport that allows for near open bribery of it's top officials and has universally derided game refs is producing sketchy pairings? What were you guys expecting, I'm curious?

The Fifa is a corrupt fucking shit show and those old fucking assholes aren't even bothering trying to hide it.

That World Cup in Qatar made it so fucking obvious. All the reports showed that Qatar was the worst choice possible, safety issues, weather problems, the fact that it's the size of a small town, lacks infrastructure and has absolutly 0 soccer history all made it a terrible choice. But Blatter made a shitton of money and his son got a nice job there, so it's all good right?!

Now France gets saved , in the most shady way possible, because it's an important market to the FIFA and they want them to progress so they can feel better. I mean for fuck's sake they changed the rules last week or so, without any warning or approval from other agencies. Fuck the FIFA, Fuck Blatter, Fuck Platini.

squicken

captive

profootballtalk is retarded. "texans may have forced themselves to hire wade phillips for 2014" wut?

jakncoke

Banned
I remember when Browns first got Holmgren I was so excited. Me and my friends thought Holmgren and McCoy would take us to the promise land. Huahhh those were the days.

Im sure there is still a fair share that think Holmgren and McCoy got a raw deal and want them back to lead them you people to the promiseland.

squicken

Ohhh Lovie as head coach could be interesting, never even thought of him

Florio is a dbag

Florio is a West Virginia honk. They kept Bill Stewart after he took over for Rich Rod and beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Stewart was a disaster of a choice and started that program on the downward spiral

Miguel

I came back last night and got Kubiak fired. I'm you're goddamn savior, TexansGAF.

And Florio has been a Texans troll for like the past 6 years.

captive

So far the names I've seen floated on Twitter for the Texans: Wade Phillips, Lovie Smith, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike and Kyle Shanahan. Yikes. Think outside the box a little, McNair.

yea cause the names floated around by "pundits" are the same names mcnair is thinking about.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Defensive minded? A demand to make the playoffs but no hopes to go any farther? Perpetually shitty quarterback play? Yep, that sounds like Lovie's wheelhouse alright! Plus, his son and partner went to Dallas so they should be easy to plunder.

Top Bottom