• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

No way Bradley gets fired, and I honestly don't even know is Schiano will? HoGlennon might of saved him

Schiano isn't a good coach, don't know why they would delay the inevitable, Bradley has jack shit for a team so his firing would be premature plus at least they are the 'hottest' team in the AFC lol, Frazier has no QB so I guess they could give him another year but I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go. Does Shanahan survive another year? And if the Jets continue their collapse Rex is gone.

Has anyone ever coached nearly 8 years and done less? Hard to think there has been

e: How could I forget Wayne Fontes? 8+ years and one playoff win

Jason Garrett might join him soon enough.

Vyer

I disagree with JJ falling off, Andre, and JJ are the only two good players on the team anymore. I would say Tate for being a boss and playing injured but I am undecided with him as of yet.

Arian is injured, our qb situation is hilarious and our head coach is so predictable. Without Foster our offensive game is fucked because the texans when doing good have always been a run heavy team.

JJ as in Jonathan Joseph. I agree about Watt and AJ.

Smokey

Oh shit it's about to go down

Jay glazer is saying kubiak has informed staff he's gone

Press Conference was supposed to start at 11 and nothing is set up

I cant believe I was actually worried for a second he'd turn around your team. I guess some people can only do the 1 thing and cant adjust to other roles

It's funny how past success or failures mean nothing in this league, from coaches to players, I'd much rather get new coach/gm with something to prove then a 'proven' one. I was completely against hiring Fisher and while I don't think Philbin will work out I was happy we got him instead.

BigAT

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Just heard from a Texans member who told me Coach Kubiak has informed coaches he has been let go

Colasante

Well, at the end of the day, Gary just wasn't a very good coach. It will be very interesting to see who the Texans hire next season. I wonder if they could reunite Bridgewater and Charlie Strong. That may be a little too bold for McNair, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Stay the fuck away from Horton if you know what's good for you Mech!

You can have him in 2 years after he sets up our defense properly.

I cant believe I was actually worried for a second he'd turn around your team. I guess some people can only do the 1 thing and cant adjust to other roles

I didn't. I think I even said he would set the Browns back, and he pretty much did. Guys moving on to their third teams don't traditionally do well, save for Parcells. And even his success rate decreased a bit each time he went to a new team until he completely fizzled with the Phins.

I didn't. I think I even said he would set the Browns back, and he pretty much did. Guys moving on to their third teams don't traditionally do well, save for Parcells. And even his success rate decreased a bit each time he went to a new team until he completely fizzled with the Phins.

Parcells and Saban have a special place in hell

And it's done...congrats Houston Gaf.

BigAT

Wade Phillips named the Interim Head Coach. I think as long as you're having the press conference today, Texans should also announce they are removing the interim tag, giving Wade a 6-year contract.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
He said they aren't going to tank the last three games, because they want a "winning culture".

Colasante

accountability = Rick Smith keeps his job ?!

What has Rick Smith done well, besides hiring Wade Phillips, signing Jonathan Joseph, and drafting JJ Watt in 2011? They turned down Manning and Favre and extended Schaub, gave out a big money contract to an overworked running back, ignored the second receiver position for years, signed Ed Reed to a three-year deal, among other mistakes. I don't understand.

Lance Zierlein speculates that Lovie Smith could appeal to McNair. I don't necessarily love that move for the Texans.

jbug617

Banned
Someone post a got damn dancing gif!!!!!,

SCHAUB.....YOURE NEXT!!!

boratgroupdance5is.gif

Wade Phillips named the Interim Head Coach. I think as long as you're having the press conference today, Texans should also announce they are removing the interim tag, giving Wade a 6-year contract.
Was going to say something similar. Phillips is a guy that always struck me as good coordinator but someone that has no business being a head coach. Considering his failures in Dallas and the way he lost that team, they should seriously keep their options open in that regard.

Miguel

palance1.gif

It's not everything I wanted, and about 3 years too late, but it's a start.

If you could slow this GIF down to like 1/10th the speed, is how I feel now.

MechDX

What has Rick Smith done well, besides hiring Wade Phillips, signing Jonathan Joseph, and drafting JJ Watt in 2011? They turned down Manning and Favre and extended Schaub, gave out a big money contract to an overworked running back, ignored the second receiver position for years, signed Ed Reed to a three-year deal, among other mistakes. I don't understand.

Kubiak turned down manning. Smith and McNair wanted him. Kubiak was also the person who kept Walter all those years at WR2.

DONT speak about what you don't know

Smokey

McNair mentioned case by name and said they need to find out what they have. If he's a starter or a backup and the only way to see that is to play him. Mentioned nothing about schaub lol. Said jags beating them twice was the last straw lmao

That move last night did kubes in

squicken

Rick Smith has 3 years left on his contract. Bob doesn't want to pay two GMs over the next 3 years.

Does he like paying the bad players Rick drafts and signs hundreds of millions more than it would cost to get rid of him?

LZ speculating Lovie Smith as a likely guy. McNair sort of dropped a hint with that defensive coaches answer to McClain's probably planted question

Top Bottom