• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
rivslam.gif

squicken

Loss of "Mr. Milquetoast" gain for Broncos' offense

Here's betting San Diego Chargers coach Mike McCoy regrets this stupid statement: "I'm not in the business to play close. We are trying to win. We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night, not play close."

Whoa. When McCoy worked for the Broncos, he was Mr. Milquetoast.

When did McCoy grow some guts?

Beat Denver, not play close.

If those words didn't constitute a guarantee from McCoy, it was close.

Where was that bold, never-take-a-knee attitude during Denver's playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens?

Here's the truth: Losing McCoy as offensive coordinator was one of the best things that happened to the Broncos in 2013.

Read more: Kiszla: Loss of "Mr. Milquetoast" gain for Broncos' offense - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci...etoast-gain-broncos-o-8800-ense#ixzz2nK0HnNlh

kmfdmpig

They'll still take the AFC West even with this loss, since they are 2-0 head to head with the mighty Chiefs.

Unfortunately I think you're right. They have Houston and Texas, so even if tonight is a loss they'll likely win both of those, while the Chiefs have Oakland, Indy, and San Diego, which is likely 2-1 for them. It's certainly possible Denver could have another letdown as they came close a few times to losing games they shouldn't have, but even if that happens I'm doubtful the Chiefs can win out to take the division.

Top Bottom