• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
from squicken's post
The current regime would not have drafted Richardson at No. 4 let alone trading three picks to move up to get him, league sources told Cleveland.com. What's more, they are not sold on Holmgren's pick of Brandon Weeden at No. 22, and are watching No. 37 Mitchell Schwartz, the right tackle, very closely. Banner and general manager Mike Lombardi also would not have spent a second-round pick in 2013 on Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft.

The general feeling, the sources said, is that Holmgren and former general manager Tom Heckert botched the top picks, and now the new group is paying the price.

"To me, they're putting all their eggs for next season,'' said Holmgren. "They started off 0-2, they couldn't score any points, I think it was a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction.There's a little bit of a 'what's going on?' I don't know this for sure but I can sense it. Indianapolis is probably going to have a pretty good year, so that pick is probably going to be 23, 24, right in there. And to package something (to move up in the draft), we couldn't package our 4 and our 7 for (Robert Griffin III) last year and we had more ammunition (Holmgren offered the No. 4 and No. 22 as well, but the Redskins offered three first-rounders)."
seriously Cleveland?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Am I crazy or did DeSean Jackson just run out of bounds on that catch?

He could easily have ran that further.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Well, one thing Kelly didn't have to adjust to. Classless fans.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
this game makes me feel better about Bullock. At least someone else's kickers are missing too!

squicken

from squicken's post

seriously Cleveland?

I get Weeden, but to give up on ALL the draft picks so soon is politics. Banner and Lombardi want everyone to know all the problems are all on the old regime. When you give up on a player for a pick you still have to nail the draft choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom