• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1nch

Fuck yes.

Orange Muthafucking Julius!

Good god, thank you sweet baby Tebow for the second coming of Shannon Sharpe.

I remember when he was drafted the Broncos brass was so high on him and I didn't really know why.

Now I know. Dude is a freak!

I got home late and was pleasantly surprised to see that the Cowboys were up 14-0. It's been all Broncos since :( I might have to not watch the second half for the sake of the Cowboys.

Godslay

Banned
I remember when he was drafted the Broncos brass was so high on him and I didn't really know why.

Now I know. Dude is a freak!

Me too brother. Me too. I've been singing his praises for awhile.

Plus he was a basketball player, so TE football stuff is easy mode.

ShaneB

Just finished watching the Hawks/Colts game. :( Fun game to watch though and some wild plays, and certainly shows that the Hawks are beatable which adds plenty of drama in upcoming games. GG Colts-gaf.

Just back from the Phins game. I have to go work in 30mins, so between showering and smoking, I have little time. A few quick notes:

1. It was not a sellout. Probably 80-85% filled. The sadder fact for a 3-1 team is that the split between Phins and Ravens fans was probably 60/40. I'm not even kidding. There were a ton of Ravens fans. Probably the most of any opposing fan I've seen since the Tebow Broncos game. Embarrassing and frustrating at the same time. They were good fans though, fwiw. Respect to Bmore.

2. Tanny looked good when he wasn't on his back. Can out o-line do anything anymore? Can't open holes on either side of the line. I thought the very first 3rd and short told the whole story. Tried a sweep to the right side. Easily the worst side of the line, and we tried a long-developing play. The one knock remaining against Ireland is that he still can't fix the o-line. Well...it's obviously broken right now, as Tanny does his best Carr impression each game.

3. Tanny's touch is very good. I feel like there were a lot of drops today, and some of those throws that looked behind the receiver were to protect them from the DBs. I wish Thrill woulda thrown to Hartline more today, because Wallace is a waste. Dude doesn't fight coming back to the ball on those curls, and dropped a few that hit his hands. Hartline isn't as athletic, but has tons more heart...and hands.

4. The defense has issues covering the RB in the flats. I should say just problems covering the RB catching a pass, period. I have no idea how or why they give up first down yardage so often on those screens, but it's a problem. Also, we don't get to the QB enough. Also, Rashad Jones is as big a liability as Nolan Carroll. At least one of them got themselves taken out of action today.

5. Poor Sturgis gets his first miss of the season on a game-tying attempt. I had the distance, just not the accuracy. Had Tanny not gotten sacked that drive, he would have had a very makeable kick. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't.

We are very not for real. That teaches me for getting my hopes up. Those little quirks I thought we'd iron out are full-fledged deficiencies. If the o-line can't get its shit together, we're gonna have problems. I thought we were set to win today. Instead, it was a crushing loss. At least I can say Tannehill wasn't the problem, so that's a relief. He threw some pretty passes today, just to have them muffed. Whatever. 3-2 is better than nothing, but I fully expected 4-1 going into the BYE. Regroup, retool and come back much more awesome than we've been the last 2-3 weeks.

I stood the whole 4th quarter and cheered my team on until my voice completely gave out. I still believe. I won't stop believing. Let's go Dolphins! PEACE.
It was a tough loss. Hurts so bad. I'm here during the good times and the bad times, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom