• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

33b25a9f7e59708c1de5b336fcda21c0.jpg

i love the rob lowe commercials!

Bread

Banned
Can Colts-GAF trade IcyRhyhtms to Pats-GAF? We'll throw in a first and only ask for Gata in return.
No dice, we need gata on the front lines. Can't give him up at this point. Throw in Trent Truck and a bowl of spin's cooking and we'll take him.

If Hawks win again than we have to deal with the narrative of Pete Carroll being an elite coach.............

Pete Carroll isn't an elite coach, he's an elite LIFE MENTOR.

#Win4Ever

Name me another man that can get the Bloods and Crips to stop shooting each other? I can only think of one 2Pac. #Legends

Mrbob

I think McDaniels might have a shot to be decent in a second run as head coach. Happened plenty of times before. Young enough to learn from past mistakes.

Gigglepoo

I think McDaniels might have a shot to be decent in a second run as head coach. Happened plenty of times before. Young enough to learn from past mistakes.

I would be alright with McDaniels in San Francisco. I think. Especially if we keep Vic Fangio.

Shadownet

Banned
Reading the Cowboys Forum. 70% of fans on there still havent figure it out that Dez didn't fumble, but it was an incompletion. Lol

"the ground can't cause a fumble!"
Right you are. But it can cause an incompletion.

Classic Cowboys fans.

Alchemy

Reading the Cowboys Forum. 70% of fans on there still havent figure it out that Dez didn't fumble, but it was an incompletion. Lol

Classic Cowboys fans.

Don't you know that falling to the ground is a football move?

Bread

Banned
It's just as well since I only started watching football this year and can't tell the best players of the world apart from the Bucs or Browns.
You sure you want to trade icyrhythms away? He could be a great GM for you guys, his football iq is off the charts.

I thought HOU still hatred Manning or something like that and wanted to be good without him? I don't remember.

In all honesty I would give no fucks, if someone like Watt became available I'd take him instantly. Division rival or not.

That's the thing about Peyton. We hated when we go up against him, but he never had a villainous aura like a LeBron, Kobe or Farve so wanting him on the team didn't feel like dirty at all lol. Not to mention add Pey to that '11 team and thats like texans legitimate shot at SB in like ever.

#BringAndrewHome2016

Even if you change that to 2026 it will still sound like pretty good deal.

:lol @ Pete not being a really good HC.

I would love to see what a good coach is if he isn't one.

You guys were asking for his head on a pike when the hawks lost in the 2012 divisionals against the falcons when he tried to ice the kicker on a GW FG and it backfired.

I was still lurking then but still.

You guys were asking for his head on a pike when the hawks lost in the 2012 divisionals against the falcons when he tried to ice the kicker on a GW FG and it backfired.

I was still lurking then but still.

That's actually still a weakness he has. He did the same thing in KC that he did in ATL not taking the 3 points. He takes that against ATL they needed a TD to win and not a last minute FG, either way I think most Hawks fan know that's just Pete. At this point if we lose because of it I'm not even mad because that's who he is. He has even come out and say it. That's just his style and he's not changing.

But what I love about Pete is he changed this entire franchise from a work ethic, motivational and just aura about the franchise. As far as X's and O's go I think there are dozens of coaches who are better, but I don't really care about that. He gets the shitty players to not play shitty, he gets the average player to play a little bit better than average. And he trust everyone to do their fucking job. He doesn't second guess Bevell, Quinn, JS, or anyone else making decisions.

As to let say Rex.

https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/554360769295679488

I'm told by several that Rex Ryan lost interest in Atlanta because front office is too involved. Rex wants less hands in pot. #bills

Clearly we can see Rex doesn't trust the Falcons front office and wants the control himself. Pete is like whatever man I hired you, so I trust you because I was the one that hired you.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

He's a ridiculously overrated OC though. He reminds me a lot of Mike Martz. Guy was gifted a great QB, 2 HOF receivers, arguably the GOAT Multi Tooled threat, and bam instant recognition. Josh was gifted Tom, Randy, Welk, and a good supporting cast... anybody could've coached that offense. I much prefered O'briens style.

JNA

Banned
I feel the time is right for another Dom Capers head coaching opportunity.
For the love of god someone please take him so we're not stuck with him anymore...

Oh man that would be incredible.

Maybe if we win it all this year, Raiders be like "Capers the man! That's our coach!"

And then I cry tears of joy! XD

cdyhybrid

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 7m7 minutes ago
Had one exec tell me the Conference Championship games will feature the top 4 QBs in the @NFL. Any disagreements?

I was reading posts earlier about how Peyton should retire as a Colt. I disagreed with them because they threw him away. But after seeing the disrespect the Broncos fans have shown for him, I hope he does. That man does not deserve the kind of disrespect I have seen on the Internet tonight. I have no problem with those who think he should retire but where not rude or mean about it. They have a right to their opinion as does everyone. But at least they didn't slam him. He is one of the best QB to ever play.

Even as a Colts fan I am not 100% happy about the Broncos losing today but he does not deserve this, from his " fans". Not one Colts fan that I have seen has done that. Last season they welcomed that man into their Stadium with a standing ovation. That speaks volumes. About the fans and Peyton. I hope he tells Denver good bye and goes elsewhere. You don't deserve him. Peyton has not brought scandal to this team, doesn't beat his wife, get in to trouble at all. He came here to do a job. And he did it well.

I think a lot would disagree, sorry, just not there yet on russell.

I hope people would publicly come out and say this. We need an excuse for "they don't believe in us" or they don't believe in me with Russell. Keep adding those chip on his shoulders please. God I pray Chris Carter call Baldwin super duper mediocre.

Real story I went to the Seattle Pro Shop during a Baldwin singing and someone mention CC. He smiled and said man too many kids around for me to say what I really want to say about him.

I loled so hard.

Eleuin

Got around to fully watching both games:

DAL/GB
Adams stepped up big time
Brad jones can jump off a cliff
Dez call was correct, just a terrible rule
Packers' safeties just played poorly in general

IND/DEN
Andrew luck is the man
What an out of this world performance by the Colts line
Talib got abused all day, L of the game
Broncos offense was anemic: Peypey missing throws to sanders, Thomas drops etc
Peypey not running for the wide open 1st down on 3rd and 5
Cribbs call was terrible, story of the playoffs

Happy for my Colts bros, great upset! :D

Spinluck

Got around to fully watching both games:

DAL/GB
Adams stepped up big time
Brad jones can jump off a cliff
Dez call was correct, just a terrible rule
Packers' safeties just played poorly in general

IND/DEN
Andrew luck is the man
What an out of this world performance by the Colts line
Talib got abused all day, L of the game
Broncos offense was anemic: Peypey missing throws to sanders, Thomas drops etc
Peypey not running for the wide open 1st down on 3rd and 5
Cribbs call was terrible, story of the playoffs

Happy for my Colts bros, great upset! :D

Outside of the two punt INTs that collectively went for 3pts. Luck has been really damn good this postseason.

Indy O-line has been amazing.

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone has a gif or video of that Randall Cobb catch? I have a Cowboy friend who is asking me why that was a complete pass but Dez wasn't?

If I remember correctly. Cobb pass, it hit him in the hands, bounced up and hit his chest, came back down in his hands and he secured it. But I'm not sure.

Classic Cowboys fans.

Why people are getting confused is because a stretch for the endzone is a football move and a football move means that if it pops out after it hits the ground then it would be a fumble if not touched. Listening to Dean Blandino on NFL Network he says that they felt that the stretch for the goal line wasn't obvious enough that's why they ruled it incomplete and why they felt it was in the process of a catch. Being a Cowboys fan I can see that being called either way with the explanation he gave, it looks like Dez is trying to score, but it also isn't as obvious as other lunges for the goal line, I think the fact that he was going down before he stretched for the endzone is what made the choice easier for them to make.

Top Bottom