• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My most played game on both my OG Xbox and 360. Maybe even on my phone.

Infinitely better than GTA IV, and in some places I still even prefer it to V.

Just finished the first OG Loc mission.

XIuJJGr.jpg

I always spend a ton of time in the gym starting out, lol.

Milchjon

Pacific Northwest is so unfairly beautiful

One of these days I'm gonna visit you people and drink all of your beer.

Seahawks still suck!

GTA3 has the best story, Vice City has the best presentation and soundtrack, San Andreas has the best map.

San Andreas is the best of the lot.

cdyhybrid

Seahawks still suck!

It was Silent Hill foggy this morning. Now when I look out my window I can see downtown Seattle all lit up in blue and green.

Milchjon

GTA3 has the best story, Vice City has the best presentation and soundtrack, San Andreas has the best map.

San Andreas is the best of the lot.

San Andreas has the best vehicles by far.

I can't stand open world games that don't let me discover the world via air anymore. The jetpack in SA was the best thing ever.

JNA

Banned
Got everything man. City life? Yep. Out doors and nature life? Yep. Nothing is too far out.

I'll likely be moving there soon.

I do have two questions though that may vary in importance.

1. How is the pizza?
2. Bugs...there are no black widow spiders there right?

San Andreas has the best vehicles by far.

I can't stand open world games that don't let me discover the world via air anymore. The jetpack in SA was the best thing ever.
I would argue that no airplanes in IV increased immersion tenfold. Unfortunately, there's not much to discover.

The jet pack was really cool though. Made it easy to get into all of the nooks and crannies.

1. How is the pizza?

.... ugh yea I lied we don't have everything. We are 100% not new york in this department.

2. I don't think so? Never heard anyone said they were worry about that here. I would be more worried about hipsters.

Do the crazy white supremacists live there

Those crazy people are everywhere though.

What about all of the rain?

Not that bad really. Drizzle from like winter/early spring, but once spring is in motion to the end of summer it's beautiful. We talking like 65 to 85 everyday. Doesn't get Cali hot, but isn't exactly Baltimore cold either (40 degree day! #TeamStringer).

cdyhybrid

1. How is the pizza?

Pizza's alright. Not as good as NYC or Chicago or whatever obviously, but there are places that make some solid pizza, IMO.

In the city? No. Most you might see is the occasional wolf spider in the basement of an old house or something. You get flies and stuff during the summer when it's warm though.

Once you get out of the city into the more rural/run down areas you'll start seeing stuff though.

What about all of the rain?

It rains more in NYC. It's just a lot of grey.

Do the crazy white supremacists live there

No, that's everywhere else in the state.

I was just gifted Sakura Spirit on Steam. :T

:jnc KAVE PLS

Furyous

Seahawks still suck!

I'm with you on the Seahawks hate. Feel free to come through and drink our beer. Stay the fuck away from campus during moms weekend and leave me alone to pillage. Pac Northwest Seahawks fans are the fucking worst. Mugfuckers rooted for their team for all of three years and now think they're legendary. Only one bird matters in this division and that is the Cardinal. Screw a 12th Stan while you're here because it's the American thing to do. Nothing relieves stress like happily engaging a Seahawks fan in some extracurricular mutually beneficial physical exercise.

DeAngelo Williams penned an editorial about the benefits and pitfalls of social media from the perspective of an NFL player and the hypocrisy of the NFL's social media policy. From the plane to Seattle. Long read warning

Choice quotes

Not that this necessarily is a bad thing — social media is, after all, a powerful thing. When used wisely, it can alter perceptions; it can change discourses; it can move needles. But social media also comes with its own special brand of peril — its immediacy, permanence, and virtually limitless reach belies an often unseen-before-it’s-too-late downside that can be far greater than any benefit to the athlete.

It should come as no surprise that the incredible rise in visibility and popularity of individual players (over our own teams, even) has directly coincided with the proliferation of social media platforms. In football’s case, the explosion of fantasy play has made things even worse. We athletes are viewed not as human beings, but as commodities — tradeable, expendable, and, if online, open targets for oftentimes despicable slings and arrows from those who view our performance (or lack thereof) between the lines as validation of their fantasy managing prowess.

The league is partly responsible for this. The NFL has thrown its lot in with its media partners — come hell or high water. The relationship is so important to ownership’s bottom line that players’ ability to communicate freely via social media has become more restricted.

I don’t just mean with respect to the ban on in-game tweeting, either, although to me, that policy makes absolutely zero sense. We all want the game to be as accessible and inclusive as possible, right? Are you seriously going to tell me that a creative in-game tweet from a player who just scored a touchdown wouldn’t go absolutely nuclear? Of course it would, but if we players were allowed to tell the story, there would be less need for postgame press conferences, beat reporters and columnists.

That's my socially aware, overpaid, fragile RB

cdyhybrid

I'm with you on the Seahawks hate. Feel free to come through and drink our beer. Stay the fuck away from campus during moms weekend and leave me alone to pillage. Pac Northwest Seahawks fans are the fucking worst. Mugfuckers rooted for their team for all of three years and now think they're legendary. Only one bird matters in this division and that is the Cardinal. Screw a 12th Stan while you're here because it's the American thing to do. Nothing relieves stress like happily engaging a Seahawks fan in some extracurricular mutually beneficial physical exercise.

Sorry, this thread is for playoff teams only.

We can discuss the weapons the Cards will surround Ryan Lindley with in 2015 in the other thread though!

When the volcano erupts, it'll be quite the show!

I imagine you guys down there in Fault-land might be having your own show to watch :p

JNA

Banned
Pizza's alright. Not as good as NYC or Chicago or whatever obviously, but there are places that make some solid pizza, IMO.

In the city? No. Most you might see is the occasional wolf spider in the basement of an old house or something. You get flies and stuff during the summer when it's warm though.

Once you get out of the city into the more rural/run down areas you'll start seeing stuff though.

.... ugh yea I lied we don't have everything. We are 100% not new york in this department.

2. I don't think so? Never heard anyone said they were worry about that here. I would be more worried about hipsters.

Good enough for me. So pretty much stay away from old houses! :D

BLACK WIDOW SPIDER

#SendGatatothepitsofhell

Top Bottom