• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Heya! What's the difference between the 3 leagues in the OP? I joined the first one, but haven't joined Confidence or the Survival one.

I think earlier you asked about Fantasy Leagues, think you mentioned being new as well. This is a bad time to be asking as the thread moves to fast during games. Those are basically pick 'em leagues. Pick the winners, with varying rulesets.

Fantasy Football is a different beast altogether.

Levyne

Banned
Heya! What's the difference between the 3 leagues in the OP? I joined the first one, but haven't joined Confidence or the Survival one.

Confidence allow you to weight games by the degree you are...confident in each. Like the game you are most sure about the outcome you put 16 points on the line, the most toss-up game you only allot one point.

Survival is just picking a team each week the you expect to win, once your picked team loses once you're out, and you can't pick the same team twice.

bionic77

Terrible performance by the Packers. On top of that, I don't think Rodgers' decision making has been very good. Should have kept going for the edge on that 3rd down when he randomly winged it cross body down to Nelson. Have to give some credit to Seattle's D though to be sure.

Sad we let Michael Bennett go.. :(
This isn't on Rodgers.

Green Bays defense let them down. If the game was closer they could have kept running on Seattle. Which was successful earlier into the game when it was close.

This is just the first game. Packers offense could still be really good. If they figure out how to play the run and pass together (this will happen by week 4 and continue the rest of the season assuming their o line stays alive). Not sure about that defense.

SickBoy

So am I imagining that GB, after leading off with a few good quick inside runs started calling plays with a lot more moving parts (or did Lacy just start running indecisively)?

Trying to figure out how it vanished so quickly.

I think earlier you asked about Fantasy Leagues, think you mentioned being new as well. This is a bad time to be asking as the thread moves to fast during games. Those are basically pick 'em leagues. Pick the winners, with varying rulesets.

Fantasy Football is a different beast altogether.
Nah. Not new---just not memorable. First time asking about it. I'm kind of intimidated to do this kind of league stuff with gaffers. Most here seem a lot more hardcore than I am. I never miss a Bears or Broncos game, but I'm awful at keeping up with other teams and knowing how they stack up. I imagine I would get stomped in Fantasy Football here. The few times I've tried with friends, I've started amazing, get hopes up, then get smashed by the end.
Survival is just picking a team each week the you expect to win, once your picked team loses once you're out, and you can't pick the same team twice.
Survival sounds fun. I took too long to sign up though.

brentech

Why did people think the Packers were gonna be good

Didn't anyone see their team without Rodgers
Whether they end up good or not, who knows. But they'll look much better in other stadiums and against other teams. Seattle won the SB for a reason man.

Considering everything the Packers have fucked up, it'd amazing we're not down by 20 before they even score here.

ramuh

I think the two things that glare out at me are the Packer's Swiss Cheese Rush Defense, and the Packer's missed tackles. Lots of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom