• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkboy

The overreactions to the Packers play are just hilarious. They have arguably the best player in the game at QB, and they have a patchwork line right now that will (in all probability) get better throughout the year. And they are playing an opener in probably the toughest place to play in the league. The 49ers got blown out in week 2 last year in Seattle, and you didn't see people saying they were garbage at the end of last year, did you? I don't even like the Packers, but come on.

The problem with green bay is their defense, as we're seeing tonight. People keep overlooking that fact when talking about the packers.

Trey

Seattle dominated the line on both sides of the ball.

Dominated. Your team plays great fucking football, SeattleGAF.

brentech

Yea. First game against super bowl champs at home. Not all that worried. Not like Seattle is known for dropping games there in the first place.

Packers have a lot of work to do, but there is like a 95 percent chance they look better and a little less piecemeal a few games in when Rodgers can actually dictate to the offense.

cajunator

Banned
He actually has come up big a few times when they needed him too.

You can't blame him because his team does not want to slang it 50 times a game. He does what is asked of him. And often makes clutch plays for them when needed. What else do you want?

true, which is why I give him credit for managing the game. Thats all he needs to do. If Lynch goes down they could struggle a lot.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks Sunhi for the .Gifs. I missed a little bit of the game just right now so they honestly got me caught up somewhat. Hope you're here for the Monday Night Detroit Lions v New York Giants Monday Night Opener.

The whole world will witness the start of the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0.

Why does the announcers make a big deal about Wilson so much when he has basically average QB numbers? He has all the help in the world on this team at basically every position. His passing isnt exactly all world. He has Lynch making defenses scared and a defense that makes up for any mistakes. Im not saying hes not smart or good because he is, but hes not elite. He hasnt really come up againt any sort of adversity or breakdown in his team yet where it was all on him. Im interested to see how he plays when things arent going well. That said, credit to him at least for not making huge mistakes.

He doesn't have anything close to average numbers except for attempts and, by extension, yards. He also shredded Atlanta in his second playoff game and should have led the biggest comeback in franchise history if the defense didn't give up a 20 second drive.

Read option is still undefeated against Capers.

Doesn't help that he insists on carrying dead weight like Brad Jones and Morgan Burnett in the middle of the field.
Don't forget AJ Hawk. Looks like Capers took him off the field for a while and then inexplicably put him back in. Surprise, they score points. Dude is a step behind all night.

Rokam

So sort of a strange question, but I guess during the pre game show on NBC they had a camera shot of some people fishing on a pier, one of which might have been my brother. Wondering if anyone knows of any way to get hold of that in video or gif form?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Paging Wynnebeck

2014-08-27ecsoa.jpg

this team is butt cheeks and we're probably not even going to make NFC North championship

zychi

Banned
Why arent there 7.1 headphones for xbone or ps4 yet? This shit should have been standard when both systems launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom