• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Bread

Banned
can nflgaf as a whole just stop responding to kas?

Just-Dont-Look.jpg

Doorman

Lions fans complaining because the win was too close...

Can't say anything that won't get me banned.

If it helps to explain it, the complaints aren't coming out of a place of overconfidence, but more the opposite. To have every game come this close, this often, with three last-minute comebacks all in a row, the complaining comes because despite the record, watching the actual games makes it so difficult to actually put your heart into the team and believe that they are actually as good as 7-2 says they are. Personally, it's like you're sitting inside of a house, and you can hear the beams and rafters creaking even though the home inspection claims that everything's fine. The house is still standing, but we're just waiting for the roof to cave in because it's what we've come to expect.

Drakeon

We all ripped the Browns for firing Chud after one year, but both Lovie and Whiz should probably not get another year. Continuity is the result of success, not the cause
Yeah, I agree. Whiz and Lovie have been dreadful. Like, I understand you want to give a coach two years, but they were not the bottom feeders they are last year. That happened under Whiz and Lovie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Dolphins played a good game, good game DolphinsGAF. No doubt the refs helped you out though.

That elite offense that dropped 37 points on the Chargers scored how much on our defense?

Give Suh whatever the hell he wants in the offseason, Mayhew.

If he keeps playing well this year for the remainder, I'm all for this.

Purdy

If the Niners lose today at least I can not waste three hours every Sunday! (But really :( )

Lets be honest you'll be back, you know this team has the ability, whether they use it (or allowed to) or not is a different story, we should've had this comfortably.

Most people feel sorry for the Lions on sports forums.. Gaf seems to have a ton of Packer and Bears fans however, so it makes sense..

There's a little hate on GameFAQS also but not as thick as on this site. Probably cause they don't have a Kas like poster over there. Kas is still cool in my book though cause he's the only other positive Lions fans other than myself. Shame on the rest of you already claiming defeat also

beast786

my heart at this old age can't take this amazing godly performance.

What a job by D. True hero

our special team sure belongs in yellow bus for special people

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, I agree. Whiz and Lovie have been dreadful. Like, I understand you want to give a coach two years, but they were not the bottom feeders they are last year. That happened under Whiz and Lovie.

I wonder if Whiz is rethinking his decision to take the Tennessee job instead of the Detroit job that was offered to him.

eznark

Banned
We all ripped the Browns for firing Chud after one year, but both Lovie and Whiz should probably not get another year. Continuity is the result of success, not the cause

Definitely. If a guy can't win football games with Clipboard Jesus and LSU Rapist who can he win games with. Time to move on.

If it helps to explain it, the complaints aren't coming out of a place of overconfidence, but more the opposite. To have every game come this close, this often, with three last-minute comebacks all in a row, the complaining comes because despite the record, watching the actual games makes it so difficult to actually put your heart into the team and believe that they are actually as good as 7-2 says they are. Personally, it's like you're sitting inside of a house, and you can hear the beams and rafters creaking even though the home inspection claims that everything's fine. The house is still standing, but we're just waiting for the roof to cave in because it's what we've come to expect.
Dolphins are playing as well as any team in the league coming into this game. You guys should be thrilled with the result.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Most people feel sorry for the Lions on sports forums.. Gaf seems to have a ton of Packer and Bears fans however, so it makes sense..

hahahaaa get mad nfc north , The Lions are on toooooooop damn what a fuckin hardy squad they have this year. I don't even understand the Lions hate shouldnt even be on most radar they are a mediocre franchise historically...at best. Must be like you said bunch of bears and pack fans.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I just want to point out that Jaiquawn Jarrett had two interceptions, a fumble recovery, and a sack for the Jets today. He started in place of the benched Calvin Pryor, John Idzik's first round pick that he chose over a bunch of stud wide receivers the Jets desperately needed.

Top Bottom