• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

7upspot.gif

lol wtf? What's your problem with Browns fans?

Mainly personal experience.

Without going too much into it, I grew up in Cincinnati, went to UC and grad school there. I had a lot of friends who were from Cleveland and they basically talked shit about Cincy (which was very deservedly so). The thing that annoyed me wasn't the talking shit about Cincy, but the claim that everything in Cleveland was incredibly better; including the city, and yes... sports teams that were the greatest; better than Cincinnati, NY, Chicago... you name it; about 5+ years of incessant "oh this is so much better in Cleveland" I kinda had it.

The thing is... I wasn't thrilled with Cincinnati, but then again, Cleveland really isn't better which I discovered after I was there for a year; it's the same fucking city, with a lake instead of a river. It has the exact same problems with the city infrastructure, decay, and so forth that Cincy did. Granted that was 10 years ago and yes, things could've changed, but I'm basing this from back then. Anyways, those friends plus their friend, plus my experience in Cleveland and the irrational "Brownies are best EVAH" attitude basically instilled a conditioned response to Browns fans but not necessarily the Browns themselves.

Like I said, living in Chicago now for about 7 years, I feel the same way about Bears and Cubs fans too... but for some reason I feel it's even more amplified with the Browns.

Hope that's a satisfactory answer.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I love it when we use Crowell and West more than Tate. Our running game just seems better.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mainly personal experience.

Without going too much into it, I grew up in Cincinnati, went to UC and grad school there. I had a lot of friends who were from Cleveland and they basically talked shit about Cincy (which was very deservedly so). The thing that annoyed me wasn't the talking shit about Cincy, but the claim that everything in Cleveland was incredibly better; including the city, and yes... sports teams that were the greatest; better than Cincinnati, NY, Chicago... you name it; about 5+ years of incessant "oh this is so much better in Cleveland" I kinda had it.

The thing is... I wasn't thrilled with Cincinnati, but then again, Cleveland really isn't better which I discovered after I was there for a year; it's the same fucking city, with a lake instead of a river. It has the exact same problems with the city infrastructure, decay, and so forth that Cincy did. Granted that was 10 years ago and yes, things could've changed, but I'm basing this from back then. Anyways, those friends plus their friend, plus my experience in Cleveland and the irrational "Brownies are best EVAH" attitude basically instilled a conditioned response to Browns fans but not necessarily the Browns themselves.

Like I said, living in Chicago now for about 7 years, I feel the same way about Bears and Cubs fans too... but for some reason I feel it's even more amplified with the Browns.

Hope that's a satisfactory answer.

Rock Hall Museum > Sign Museum =P

The Brownies stole the Cavaliers' magic!!

I'm OK with that. BrownsTown™

Top Bottom