• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Link

The Autumn Wind
"Rodgers puts it up for grabs!"

*ball sails into the stands*

"And it's incomplete."

Seriously, Tirico?

andthebeatgoeson

WIP Morning Show host Angelo Cataldi asked Chip for his reaction to this minor drama.

"Obviously [Widener] lost the game. I think [the criticism] was a little misguided," Chip said. "Joe Smith who is the coach of Linfield College, I know him. They've got an outstanding program. We allow people to use our facility all the time."

Chip then runs through some of the teams who have used the Eagles facility in the past, from the Naval Academy to West Chester University and even local high school St. Joe's Prep. He also tells a tragic story about a Linfield College player being stabbed to death less than a month ago and how Coach Smith lead the team through such trying times.

"This sport is about leadership and teaching people the lessons you can learn in life. There's not a classier guy than Joe Smith," Chip said. "I was honored for him to come to our facility."

If that didn't make Widener Coach Kelly rethink his comments, the part where Chip talks about respect likely did.

"When you get involved in this game, there's so many lessons you can learn. One of them is respect. Respect for opponents is a big deal to us. You can compete your tail off and play as hard as you can against them and you want to beat them as hard as you can against them but after the game you're going to shake their hand and respect them for what they did. If I had the chance to help someone out again that's going to come in town and needs somewhere to practice, they can always use our facility."
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/chip-kelly-responds-d-iii-coach-ripping-him-focusing-respect

Chip Kelly is just a class act.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That was one of the worst throws I've ever seen.

Top Bottom