• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

JABEE

I don't think he got in either, but that's how they call these goalline plays, and it'll stand because there's no camera angle that can show you what happened.
How do you make that call based on what you see at the goalline? The most important information has to be seen earlier. Not where he is after he pushes himself forward after already being down by contact.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
rsvFLb1.gif

miley.jpg

Some noodle girls to celebrate!!!

JABEE

Pretty sure you've gone full heel about the Packers. Maybe making fun of the revolution wasn't good.
I'm not heel about the Packers. I hope they beat the Cowboys. Rodgers is the best player in the game. It doesn't change whether I disagree with that call.

Draconian

How do you make that call based on what you see at the goalline? The most important information has to be seen earlier. Not where he is after he pushes himself forward after already being down by contact.

I don't know. If they aren't sure, they always just run in, unpile everyone, and look at where he is then. I think it's a pretty poor way of trying to make the call, but what else can they do right now?

brentech

No, tennis is just a bunch of cameras that calculate where it landed.

I still can't figure out if the soccer goal line tech is all a bunch of cameras around the goal. Would be impossible in football to implement, but so far is the best tech I've seen.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 55s56 seconds ago
Another franchise record: #Packers have 355 first downs this season, topping 354 from 2004. #DETvsGB

I wonder what storyline NFL Darling Aaron Rodgers will use to prop himself up next year during Week 17.

2013: Returns from collarbone injury to win division from CHI
2014: Plays on tweaked calf, destroys DET.
2015: Returns from Munn-enforced retirement, annihilates MIN (???)

Top Bottom