• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
qcWimSM.jpg

Welcome friends to another NFL OP created by your friend Dutch! This week we're going to look at some of the best WRs in the NFL today. Sure I could have had another Patriots themed OP, but to show to you people that I'm not totally the worst, I came up with this marginally better idea!

dYPCGdh.jpg

Name : Calvin Johnson
Nickname : Megatron
Receptions this season : 13
Yards this season : 247
TDs this season : 2

Special: The third best WR of all time, only behind Rice and the GOAT Randy Moss. A destroyer of DBs and the person responsible for making Kas believe that Stafford is somewhat competent.

5jEhfrn.jpg

Name : AJ Green
Nickname : Green Noodle
Receptions this season : 6
Yards this season : 131
TDs this season : 1

Special: Tall ass motherfucker, doing for Dalton what Megatron does for Stafford.

ChwBNNw.jpg

Name : Brandon Marshall
Nickname : Jay Cutler his BFF
Receptions this season : 13
Yards this season : 119
TDs this season : 4

Special: Only person who seems to like Jay Cutler also holds the record for most catches in a game.

tjMwrVj.jpg

Name : Antonio Brown
Nickname : The little Beaver
Receptions this season : 12
Yards this season : 206

Special: Famous for kicking Browns in the face, might be racist.

UetWpOy.jpg

Name : Kelvin Benjamin
Nickname : The only WR in Carolina
Receptions this season : 8
Yards this season : 138

Special: Very rare in the state of Carolina, an endangered species.

yABa1sY.jpg

Name : Jordy Nelson
Nickname : The White Guy
Receptions this season : 18
Yards this season : 292

Special: Fan favorite in Wisconsin together with John Kuhn. The whitest White Receiver in the league today with the athleticism of a Greg. So white he glows in the dark.

X9qDMBo.jpg

Name : Josh Gordon
Nickname : Flash
Receptions this season : Fuck
Yards this season : You
TDs this season : Goodell

Special: Hated by the NFL because he smokes some weed from time to time. Potential HOF talent if Goodell stops being a little bitch.

P2hbOWF.jpg

Name : Julio Jones
Nickname : Alien
Receptions this season : 14
Yards this season : 204

Special: Ugly dude, really good though.

ZM5kbk2.jpg

Name : Dez Bryant
Nickname : Enfant Terrible
Receptions this season : 14
Yards this season : 158

Special : The Mario Balotelli from the NFL.

wefnWY1.jpg

Name : Julian Edelman
Nickname : Minitron
Receptions this season : 12
Yards this season : 176

Special: Formerly known as the new Wes Welker, now know as Minitron. Scrappy, high motor, football smart slot receiver. Handsome bastard.

KFQEJF4.jpg

Yahoo Pick'em League
Group ID: 5588
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 48829
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Survival League
Group ID: 19285
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup[/QUOTE]

Coverage Maps
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=3

THE NFLGAF DESTINY CLAN by Jabee
Join the NFLGAF Destiny Clan! If you were in the BETA, Make sure you set this group as your clan again! You have to play the game first! This is for both Xbox One and PS4 players!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/119656

NFL-GAF IRC
http://t.co/TN8BbqlrMS for mibbit
irc server is studio64.yi.org #nfl-gaf

Week 3 Picks
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Washington at Philadelphia
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at NY Jets

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Good OP.

You forgot to mention how Calvin Johnson drops about a TD pass a week, though.

Bowser

BENJI!

imcXe59VISbbM.gif

ibbvjJTF3OVjzl.gif

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at NY Jets

jakncoke

Banned
Last night 152 yards receiving was Sproles career high, his previous was set on 9-16-2012 when he had a 13 - 128 - 0 td night in a 27-35 loss to the Panthers when he was on the Saints

Nameless

Dutch should lose Op privileges for as long as Ray Rice is out for basically saying Megatron is better than. T.O. . So far he isn't.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I haven't been able to post or watch football due to some personal/family issues that need resolving in my life. That being said I expect us to bounce back this week at home against the Packers and I'll be back myself to watch the game while bathing in the delicious tears of PackersGAF.

We should've beaten the Panthers IMO, but from what I saw some turnovers, missed field goals and untimely drops led to our defeat. All in all was still a tough road game with both of our RTs out and our running game being a disappointment this far. LaAdrian Waddle should be back this week so that will help tremendously.

Defend the Den 2014.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I haven't been able to post or watch football due to some personal/family issues that need resolving in my life. That being said I expect us to bounce back this week at home against the Packers and I'll be back myself to watch the game while bathing in the delicious tears of PackersGAF.

We should've beaten the Panthers IMO, but from what I saw some turnovers, missed field goals and untimely drops led to our defeat. All in all was still a tough road game with both of our RTs out and our running game being a disappointment this far. LaAdrian Waddle should be back this week so that will help tremendously.

Defend the Den 2014.

Hope everything gets straightened out soon for you at home.

I'll sum up the season so far:

Terrible kicker.
Stafford looks decent.
Calvin keeps dropping big passes.
Coaches aren't running anywhere near enough, and for some reason reggie Bush has half the carries he had at this time last year.
We're pulling people out of the stands to play in the secondary due to injuries.

I'll be shocked if Green Bay doesn't put up 40 on this secondary.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Terrible kicker.
Stafford looks decent.
Coaches aren't running anywhere near enough, and for some reason reggie Bush has half te carries he had at this time last year.
We're pulling people out of the stands to play in the secondary due to injuries.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Yeah that Lawson injury will hurt. Even though he's just a rookie our DB depth is obviously depleted. We should either look into trade options if possible or just try to sign some veterans like Champ Bailey. We just need bodies at this point.

How did Stafford look in terms of adjusting the play calls at the line? Remember in the preseason game against the Jags where Bush ran for that 86 yard TD? That was Stafford seeing something at the line and then calling that run play. I don't think it's time to worry about our run game yet, but if it continues this week it'll be time to start worrying.

Huge, IMO must win, divisional game this week. Packers have not looked that impressive thus far and barring any GB coach sanctioned shoe lace untying our defensive line needs to hound Rodgers all day long.

eznark

Banned

Terrible kicker.
Stafford looks decent.
Coaches aren't running anywhere near enough, and for some reason reggie Bush has half te carries he had at this time last year.

40 points? Didn't you hear, Bucket has declared this offense dead. I'd be stunned if the Packers even score 20 points in any game all year long.

ShaneB

Sending well wishes your way Kas. Hope things are ok.

New thread new hopes. Chiefs playing Miami is a toss up game now, no idea what teams will decide to show up on Sunday. Dolphins that played the Patriots seemed like a great team, and the Chiefs that played the Broncos held their own. Big injuries to both teams throw it all up in the air, so I really have no idea what to expect.

In unrelated football news, fellow mortgage payers, I think I have a "drain fly" problem, anyone with experience? Should I be very worried? Get the building plumber in asap?

Terrible kicker.
Stafford looks decent.
Coaches aren't running anywhere near enough, and for some reason reggie Bush has half the carries he had at this time last year.

They won't

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Bears at Jets

gutshot

The Eagles have yet to put together a complete 4 quarters and still their offense leads the league in yards and points scored.

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

Sending well wishes your way Kas. Hope things are ok.

New thread new hopes. Chiefs playing Miami is a toss up game now, no idea what teams will decide to show up on Sunday. Dolphins that played the Patriots seemed like a great team, and the Chiefs that played the Broncos held their own. Big injuries to both teams throw it all up in the air, so I really have no idea what to expect.

In unrelated football news, fellow mortgage payers, I think I have a "drain fly" problem, anyone with experience? Should I be very worried? Get the building plumber in asap?
Yeah, this one is tough to predict. I think the Chiefs win in a close one, I can't see them going 0-3 and Tannehill will probably struggle now that the running game won't exist.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm glad the Iggles are making something out of these few weeks while Lane Johnson is out. We need him back.

Washington is a trap game. Desean will be dying to prove something and it has the chance of the team taking them lightly.

I don't like having to come back but one positive could be helping Foles and his confidence. He looks shaky under pressure but maybe putting together late game drives will help him, even if they are gifts.

And Chip Kelly is the most genius-y guy you've ever been around. He knew Foles couldn't hit those deep throws so he got rid of Desean. To help the offense.

:p

Mindlog

So what do you do when your team is still shit after changes front office personnel, coaches, players and even fucking uniforms?

Drink?

Bowser

Rihanna @rihanna · 2h
CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, Fuck you! Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this.

kaepfrus.0.gif

eznark

Banned
OP you forgot Bears at Jets. But then again maybe it's not important

Thank God. I was confused as to why the friggin Chiefs - Dolphins would be the Sunday night game. Carolina Pittsburgh is slightly better, if only because it's fun to piss on bionic (and I think his wife is done making him do chores by Sunday evening)

eznark

Banned
Rihanna @rihanna · 2h
CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, Fuck you! Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this.

kaepfrus.0.gif

No matter how badly CBS abuses her, she'll come back.

What a dumbass. CBS didn't air any song because they chose to treat it like a Serious Event. Has nothing to do with her bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom