• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

yeah same difference though. They aren't going to stick their necks out for Hardy either.

I don't disagree that he should ha've been suspended 4 games under the personal conduct policy. Just if that was the outcome, it should have happen in June, not now after all the media problems the NFL is facing. Deciding to let the legal process play out 3 months ago, and then changing your position on a whim without anything changing in terms of the facts of the case or Hardy's legal status, seems unfair. I think at some point, the NFLPA does have to stand up for its clients. Otherwise, what's the point of them even existing?

T West is gonna score 3 touchdowns. And fumble the game away at the right moment. Then he's gonna rip off his jersey to show that WB tattoo.
The story is that Baltimore called him to tell him he was their next pick, but we jumped over them to get him.

gutshot

Here have some Darren Sproles gifs.

giphy.gif

sprolesomg.0.gif

:jnc at him using Kelce as a human shield in that first gif.

ShaneB

Yeah, this one is tough to predict. I think the Chiefs win in a close one, I can't see them going 0-3 and Tannehill will probably struggle now that the running game won't exist.

I figure if anything it should be a close game, will be a fun one. Going 0-3 is not looking good!

edit: That first Sproles gif has to be sped up. Has to be!

Colasante

Patriots lead NFL with 263 penalty yards assessed against them; Raiders have fewest, at 44.

I don't really understand why the team is so undisciplined this season. Hopefully they'll cut the nonsense out.

Wrayfield

Here have some Darren Sproles gifs.

http://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarqzwWnu9HxR7aM/giphy.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/699980/sprolesomg.0.gif[IMG]

:jnc at him using Kelce as a human shield in that first gif.[/QUOTE]

I watched a recap of the game on Gamepass (it's actually quite cool, just the plays, no banter in between, no breaks). Sproles looked amazing.

The hipster knows it's his fault. Can't expect a German to understand the intricacies of copy/paste!

Fuck you.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttccchhhhh

That was a great OP.

And it was from a Pats fan.

Either my judgment is failing or someone helped!

Also I am scared of this Sunday. The Panthers are stronger than us. They might push is around for 60 minutes...

Might have to drop some annoying relative at JFK so might get to miss on the misery!

I love you too.

Tom Penny

I don't really understand why the team is so undisciplined this season. Hopefully they'll cut the nonsense out.

Soldner not getting 2 penalties on the same play would be a nice start. The Vikings game should have been far more lopsided but they kept committing preventable mistakes vs a bunch of PI calls or something.

Bread

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed that Jimmy G was snubbed in the OT, but at least Wes Welker was mentioned. Go Pats! Fuck da Raiders and that bitch ass Chan!

#freechan

Bowser

I believe that lovie is a great coach. I just feel like injuries and offensive playcalling may be our doom

What about anything in Lovie Smith's 10+ year head coaching career makes you optimistic that the offensive playcalling will ever get any better?

The guys at FO saw this coming, even with the Bucs "weapons" on offense:

We are probably being overly optimistic about the defense as a whole. I know I have no such illusions about the offense, which will most likely be the football equivalent of a tire fire: messy, toxic, and difficult to look at without experiencing pain. I like where the team is going, but as I said at the start, that doesn’t help them that much this year. Under.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/scramble/2014/scramble-overunders-souths

The Revolution is real. Chip has invented an offense that can put up huge numbers even with terrible QB play. Foles has been somewhere between terrible and average in every quarter of every game so far, and they still lead the league in yards and points. It is nuts to watch, if they had a good QB they could score 60 a game easy.

eznark

Banned
The Revolution is real. Chip has invented an offense that can put up huge numbers even with terrible QB play. Foles has been somewhere between terrible and average in every quarter of every game so far, and they still lead the league in yards and points. It is nuts to watch, if they had a good QB they could score 60 a game easy.

Truly. Seems pretty clear that that offensive line and McCoy would be worthless in any other system.

Truly. Seems pretty clear that that offensive line and McCoy would be worthless in any other system.

Good thing we can test that, Shady and that OL played in Reid's system for multiple seasons and in fact did not come anywhere close to what they are doing now. The crazy thing is Shady hasn't even gone off yet this year. Man if Shady has a huge game and Foles just plays at a C level look the fuck out.

eznark

Banned
I have yet to hear a compelling case for the insane emphasis QBR and FO put on sacks when ratings QB's.

Foles DYAR of 147 compared to Rodgers' DYAR of 120.

Good thing we can test that, Shady and that OL played in Reid's system for multiple seasons and in fact did not come anywhere close to what they are doing now.

lol in his first three years with Reid the McCoy Eagles were top 5 in points scored every season. In 2010 and 2011 they were 2nd and 4th in total yards. The 2010 offense was better than the 2013 offense, relative to the rest of the league.

jakncoke

Banned

ok kas

rando14

Eagles have also faced two absolutely terrible defenses thus far in IND and JAX

Will be much more telling when they face SF or CAR

Bowser

Eagles have also faced two absolutely terrible defenses thus far in IND and JAX

Will be much more telling when they face SF or CAR

Yeah, the whole "dropping 34 unanswered on the Jags" looks a lot less impressive now that Kirk fucking Cousins just dropped 41 points on them.

I have yet to hear a compelling case for the insane emphasis QBR and FO put on sacks when ratings QB's.

Foles DYAR of 147 compared to Rodgers' DYAR of 120.

lol in his first three years with Reid the McCoy Eagles were top 5 in points scored every season. In 2010 and 2011 they were 2nd and 4th in total yards. The 2010 offense was better than the 2013 offense, relative to the rest of the league.

The whole point is the Eagles are doing it with poor QB play this year. In 2010 Vick had a monster year.

eznark

Banned
According to Football Outsiders Tom Brady and Jay Cutler had essentially identical impacts on their respective games.

Football number crunching is broken.

The whole point is the Eagles are doing it with poor QB play this year. In 2010 Vick had a monster year.
I thought the whole point was to score points and revolutionize football? My point is that wow they are a great offense, just like when Reid had these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom