• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Baltimore at Cleveland
#RestoreTheElf

iM53OJm6mrqoQ.gif

Week 3 Picks
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Washington at Philadelphia
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

I don't know if my mind really thinks Green Bay will win away from home, or if it's just my heart.
Need those lolions unless we have some 2nd half carry over

eznark

Banned
iM53OJm6mrqoQ.gif

Week 3 Picks
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

I don't know if my mind really thinks Green Bay will win away from home, or if it's just my heart.
Need those lolions unless we have some 2nd half carry over

Lattimore (and the 4-3) will save us all.

Not very good. They're giving up 170 rush yards per game and opponents are averaging a clean 5.0 yards per carry. Panthers definitely should be able to run on them.
I have a feeling (maybe it's just wishful thinking) that the Panthers will have a hard time on the ground. The levees broke against the Rats only when the game was really out of hand. M

Bowser

As the Panthers struggle with the question of whether to let defensive end Greg Hardy play in the wake of a judge’s finding that he committed domestic violence, the Panthers may soon be off the hook.

Per a league source, the NFL could soon be intervening in the Hardy case, suspending Hardy without pay for violating the personal-conduct policy.

Previously, the NFL had decided not to penalize Hardy because Hardy’s legal case has not been resolved. He still hasn’t had a trial before a jury; his trial before a judge was under North Carolina criminal procedure was so preliminary and cursory that a transcript isn’t prepared unless the defendant chooses to hire a court reporter. (In this case, Hardy did.)

As of Monday, the transcript hadn’t been prepared. It would be prudent for the NFL to see the transcript before making a decision about Hardy. But Hardy may not get that luxury as the post-Rice NFL struggles with the balance between due process in court and taking decisive action against misconduct.

In the end, the Panthers may get the luxury of not having to continue to tiptoe through a P.R. minefield, and they may not have to pay Hardy to not play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/nfl-could-intervene-soon-in-hardy-case/

If I had to guess, I think the NFLPA will intervene if he is suspended without pay. They'll argue that nothing has changed with the facts of the case or Hardy's legal status, so why suspend him now instead of months ago? And I think they have a case honestly.

Sucks for the Panthers, they'll have to deactivate him but still pay him $770k per game.

Fox318

Week 3 Picks
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets

eznark

Banned
Week 3 Picks
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets
Chicago at NY Jets

We're all Jets fans this week!!! so....

HOLY FUCK OUR SECONDARY SUCKS BALLSACKS WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID WE LET HIS HAPPEN

brentech

At the next combine, they're going to start interviewing significant others and any children after the player to see if he is a decent family member

eznark

Banned
And another note, if the NFL suspends Hardy, there's no way they can't also suspend Peterson.

Sure, they'll just do what the Vikings did and claim that they fully support beating 4 year olds bloody. It's not a violation of the personal conduct policy if the league endorses the conduct.

At the next combine, they're going to start interviewing significant others and any children after the player to see if he is a decent family member
They already do that, just not at the combine.

jakncoke

Banned
Not very good. They're giving up 170 rush yards per game and opponents are averaging a clean 5.0 yards per carry. Panthers definitely should be able to run on them.

And yet there is still 3 teams worse than that. ty raiders, packers and rams

manfestival

all I want to say is that this is our first week playing against a starting QB...

uhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/nfl-could-intervene-soon-in-hardy-case/

If I had to guess, I think the NFLPA will intervene if he is suspended without pay. They'll argue that nothing has changed with the facts of the case or Hardy's legal status, so why suspend him now instead of months ago? And I think they have a case honestly.

Sucks for the Panthers, they'll have to deactivate him but still pay him $770k per game.
Did Florio write this? Hardy will sue the fuck out of the league if they suspend him now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rams fans let not your hearts be troubled:

Austin Davis: 6'2 221 lbs, Great pitcher in high school, University of Southern Mississippi

Brett Favre: 6'2 222 lbs, Great pitcher in high school, University of Southern Mississippi

Rams fans let not your hearts be troubled:

Austin Davis: 6'2 221 lbs, Great pitcher in high school, University of Southern Mississippi

Brett Favre: 6'2 222 lbs, Great pitcher in high school, University of Southern Mississippi

They made a Favre comparison in that game also. Could be a star in the making

dionysus

Yaldog
My fantasy team sucks and those street fighter playing fish on twitch could have done better picks than me (4-12). Overall I guess I don't understand football. That being said here are my week 3 picks:

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle My upset special.
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

andthebeatgoeson

Rihanna @rihanna · 2h
CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, Fuck you! Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this.

kaepfrus.0.gif

Haha. Wanted to treat it as a serious event so removed a 2 minute song. FOH.

Just need to be clear: NFL is
tumblr_na2wyjxjvp1sf0jjyo1_500.gif
. They don't want no trouble. They only care if they think you care enough.

Vyroxis

Banned
So what do you do when your team is still shit after changes front office personnel, coaches, players and even fucking uniforms?

Drink?

As heavily as possible. Just imagine being a Vikings fan, and the tears will flow more easily as the bottles are emptied.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina

BONUS GAME BECAUSE THE OP DOESN'T HAVE THE CORRECT FUCKING SCHEDULE. FU BUCKETHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago at NY Jets

bionic77

That was a great OP.

And it was from a Pats fan.

Either my judgment is failing or someone helped!

Also I am scared of this Sunday. The Panthers are stronger than us. They might push is around for 60 minutes...

Might have to drop some annoying relative at JFK so might get to miss on the misery!

Crisco

Banned

Sucks for Hardy, better for the Panthers if the NFL just suspends him. The NFLPA isn't going to intervene on behalf of a child abuser, not in this environment. It'll have to be Hardy's own lawyers suing the league.

Bowser

Sucks for Hardy, better for the Panthers if the NFL just suspends him. The NFLPA isn't going to intervene on behalf of a child abuser, not in this environment. It'll have to be Hardy's own lawyers suing the league.

You've got your cases mixed up

Tom Penny

The main part of the thread is missing the lovely poem that was so eloquently written as a dedication to Gata. I think Jabee may have written it. I could be wrong though.

Gonna beat the Bears on Monday nighhhhhtttttttt

...in reality, we are probably going to get beaten to death with ridiculous passes, but still FUCK DA BEARS GO JETS WOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom