• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That's about as close as it gets between what I'd consider a fumble and an incomplete. Started losing the ball on his second step. Go with whatever was called on the field.

squicken

BBLb7kN.jpg

We've been saying it for a while!

It's not that I thought it was a catch. Nothing is a catch if it is close. But it takes them forever to get it together

Kiryu

That was catch... he got it then he fumbled that. He clearly had the control and It's not "football move" that made it "incomplete"...

Fuck Refs and NFL for the definite of catch or not a catch!

I don't even care, honestly. We're not winning this game so it's meaningless. I'm with you, I'm just tired of the fucking refs.

I'm annoyed. But ultimately our offense is so screwed. Only thing is we could we prevented more points but nope give Arizona more points cause they really need them.

My daughter just came downstairs and gave me a hug. I need to get off the internet.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Again fools gold. What do all those names on offense even mean if your qb is a mentally fragile chocking dog when it matters. When it matters the most Dalton can't get it done. He cant get it done in primetime, he can't get it done against good teams, and he sure as shit can't get it done during the playoffs. The man is the definition of average, and choke artist. He continually comes up small when his team needs him the most. Let's not pretend that this glut of talent is going to carry his sorry ass. He has never come up big when it actually mattered against a good team. I will believe in Dalton and this Bengals team only if they manage to actually do something in the playoffs and not a second before then.

I always give these guys a chance, it does happen. Peyton is a playoff choke, but he came back down big against the pats in 06. Arod sucks in the playoffs but he was a beast in 09. Andy Dalton has had a great season, period. Give him credit where it's due, he's made throws he normally wouldn't, he's a big part of their success and those weapons could easily do enough to put up some big points, and right now this offense is going to have to rely on the defense. Tom is a beast, Gronk is a beast, lafell is ok, amendola is ok, it would normally be fine.... buuut this o-line is an absolute joke.

You have a 2nd year undrafted center playing tackle. You have tre jackson, shaq mason, and david andrews in their first season playing serious time. Their starting left tackle went down for the season, the backup has been down for weeks, Vollmer out with a concussion. Chances are they come back given the nature of their injuries, but how long can it really last, and are Cannon and Vollmer really enough? Lewis played out of the back and did so much with screens and dump offs, great work over the middle for check downs and out in the flat. Edelman is so quick off the line and uncovers easily. Him and Brady have unbelievable chemistry. He wins his one on ones consistently. His quickness makes up for the lack of time behind the line. Gronk is great, but it needs a little more time to develop. Amendola is really the only guy left for those quick plays, but he's simply not julian. The patriots do fine with the other stuff.... in fact this is easily Toms best season in a few years on deeper throws, however the quick stuff has covered up the issues on the o-line and they don't have that anymore.

That's really all we can hope for IMO. Dez pulled it off, but it's far less common that it happens.

cdyhybrid

Why are they this bad?

Offense was talented enough to make up for the preschool-level schemes being drawn up by Bevell previously. Not anymore.

OL is the worst in the NFL and everything falls apart from there.

Plus the defense took a step back against the pass.

I always give these guys a chance, it does happen. Peyton is a playoff choke, but he came back down big against the pats in 06. Arod sucks in the playoffs but he was a beast in 09. Andy Dalton has had a great season, period. Give him credit where it's due, he's made throws he normally wouldn't, he's a big part of their success and those weapons could easily do enough to put up some big points, and right now this offense is going to have to rely on the defense. Tom is a beast, Gronk is a beast, lafell is ok, amendola is ok, it would normally be fine.... buuut this o-line is an absolute joke.

You have a 2nd year undrafted center playing tackle. You have tre jackson, shaq mason, and david andrews in their first season playing serious time. Their starting left tackle went down for the season, the backup has been down for weeks, Vollmer out with a concussion. Chances are they come back given the nature of their injuries, but how long can it really last, and are Cannon and Vollmer really enough? Lewis played out of the back and did so much with screens and dump offs, great work over the middle for check downs and out in the flat. Edelman is so quick off the line and uncovers easily. Him and Brady have unbelievable chemistry. He wins his one on ones consistently. His quickness makes up for the lack of time behind the line. Gronk is great, but it needs a little more time to develop. Amendola is really the only guy left for those quick plays, but he's simply not julian. The patriots do fine with the other stuff.... in fact this is easily Toms best season in a few years on deeper throws, however the quick stuff has covered up the issues on the o-line and they don't have that anymore.

That's really all we can hope for IMO. Dez pulled it off, but it's far less common that it happens.

You're wasting your breath. The depth of his analysis is "Do they play for the Pats? Yes? They're good. No? They're shit."

Kiryu

Hey SeahawksGAF

Seahawks may are in deep trouble but they do fine offensively when they're not fucking called for holding flags which killed 4 drives of them to give cardinals very good position to score.

Seahawks have 3 (or 2 if 2 point conversion) possession score game to trail Cardinals.

Still fuck Refs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Offense was talented enough to make up for the preschool-level schemes being drawn up by Bevell previously. Not anymore.

OL is the worst in the NFL and everything falls apart from there.

Plus the defense took a step back against the pass.

You're wasting your breath. The depth of his analysis is "Do they play for the Pats? Yes? They're good. No? They're shit."

I think this happens in general with top teams in just about any sport. There is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to topics like that.

Hey SeahawksGAF

Seahawks may are in deep trouble but they do fine offensively when they're not fucking called for holding flags which killed 4 drives of them to give cardinals very good position to score.

Seahawks have 3 (or 2 if 2 point conversion) possession score game to trail Cardinals.

Still fuck Refs.

All i know is we suck.

Cornbread78

Refs are soooo bad this year.

I'm still pissed about the Phantom PI call on Malcolm Butler earlier. He didn't even breath in Beckham's direction and they called it.. Soo many bad calls around the league.

cdyhybrid

I think this happens in general with top teams in just about any sport. There is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to topics like that.

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco have won Super Bowls recently. Flacco is much better than those other two, but I'm just saying Dalton isn't worse than any of those guys.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco have won Super Bowls recently. Flacco is much better than those other two, but I'm just saying Dalton isn't worse than any of those guys.

This is my point exactly, but I didn't want to go to those, because Dalton has a reputation as a guy who plays passable to good outside of primetime/playoffs, then deteriorates, but too many people look at that and say, ok automatic win, we verse dalton he's guaranteed to suck. It's not only short sighted, it's also flat out wrong.

cdyhybrid

This is my point exactly, but I didn't want to go to those, because Dalton has a reputation as a guy who plays passable to good outside of primetime/playoffs, then deteriorates, but too many people look at that and say, ok automatic win, we verse dalton he's guaranteed to suck. It's not only short sighted, it's also flat out wrong.

Yeah, I mean I'm not sure I'd bet on him if he had to put the team on his shoulders and carry them to a win.

But with all the talent on the team around them, he just has to play well - he doesn't have to carry the team. It's certainly possible, stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom