• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

TheFatOne

I always give these guys a chance, it does happen. Peyton is a playoff choke, but he came back down big against the pats in 06. Arod sucks in the playoffs but he was a beast in 09. Andy Dalton has had a great season, period. Give him credit where it's due, he's made throws he normally wouldn't, he's a big part of their success and those weapons could easily do enough to put up some big points, and right now this offense is going to have to rely on the defense. Tom is a beast, Gronk is a beast, lafell is ok, amendola is ok, it would normally be fine.... buuut this o-line is an absolute joke.

You have a 2nd year undrafted center playing tackle. You have tre jackson, shaq mason, and david andrews in their first season playing serious time. Their starting left tackle went down for the season, the backup has been down for weeks, Vollmer out with a concussion. Chances are they come back given the nature of their injuries, but how long can it really last, and are Cannon and Vollmer really enough? Lewis played out of the back and did so much with screens and dump offs, great work over the middle for check downs and out in the flat. Edelman is so quick off the line and uncovers easily. Him and Brady have unbelievable chemistry. He wins his one on ones consistently. His quickness makes up for the lack of time behind the line. Gronk is great, but it needs a little more time to develop. Amendola is really the only guy left for those quick plays, but he's simply not julian. The patriots do fine with the other stuff.... in fact this is easily Toms best season in a few years on deeper throws, however the quick stuff has covered up the issues on the o-line and they don't have that anymore.

That's really all we can hope for IMO. Dez pulled it off, but it's far less common that it happens.

Manning is still a first ballot HoF qb. Aaron Rodgers is looking like he's on his way as well. Andy Dalton is not that, and is not even remotely even close to being that. Everything he does in the regular season right now means absolute jack shit. Congrats Andy for finally using the talent around your team to actually do something. IF he actually plays well in the playoffs then I'll give him credit. I'm not going to be handing him an improvement award simply because he is not fucking up with the insane level of talent they have on offense. The Bengals have an insane amount of talent offensively and it would be criminal if this scrub quarterback didn't put up numbers. Until he beats ANYONE when it matters what he does in the regular season is meaningless to me.
Offense was talented enough to make up for the preschool-level schemes being drawn up by Bevell previously. Not anymore.

OL is the worst in the NFL and everything falls apart from there.

Plus the defense took a step back against the pass.

You're wasting your breath. The depth of his analysis is "Do they play for the Pats? Yes? They're good. No? They're shit."
I'm not about to start handing praise to Dalton simply because he's finally not shit with an insane supporting cast. Congrats on finally doing something Dalton. Let's see if you actually produce against anyone come playoff time. Doesn't matter if it's the Pats, Steelers,Jets, Buffalo, etc Dalton is going to choke come playoff time.

cdyhybrid

I'm not about to start handing praise to Dalton simply because he's finally not shit with an insane supporting cast. Congrats on finally doing something Dalton. Let's see if you actually produce against anyone come playoff time. Doesn't matter if it's the Pats, Steelers,Jets, Buffalo, etc Dalton is going to choke come playoff time.

"Andy Dalton is shit and will choke" is a bit different from "Let's see what he does in the playoffs" friend. Which is it?

Offense was talented enough to make up for the preschool-level schemes being drawn up by Bevell previously. Not anymore.

OL is the worst in the NFL and everything falls apart from there.

Plus the defense took a step back against the pass.

You're wasting your breath. The depth of his analysis is "Do they play for the Pats? Yes? They're good. No? They're shit."

Vikings Oline is equally bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, I mean I'm not sure I'd bet on him if he had to put the team on his shoulders and carry them to a win.

But with all the talent on the team around them, he just has to play well - he doesn't have to carry the team. It's certainly possible, stranger things have happened.

Agreed. I'm disregarding any of this guaranteed weaker play in the playoffs non-sense. In it's current state, this pats team is flawed on multiple levels. The o-line was a major problem that could be covered up, now it really can't, unfortunately even if that's "fixed" it doesn't fix what was lost in edelman/lewis.

Manning is still a first ballot HoF qb. Aaron Rodgers is looking like he's on his way as well. Andy Dalton is not that, and is not even remotely even close to being that. Everything he does in the regular season right now means absolute jack shit. Congrats Andy for finally using the talent around your team to actually do something. IF he actually plays well in the playoffs then I'll give him credit. I'm not going to be handing him an improvement award simply because he is not fucking up with the insane level of talent they have on offense. The Bengals have an insane amount of talent offensively and it would be criminal if this scrub quarterback didn't put up numbers. Until he beats ANYONE when it matters what he does in the regular season is meaningless to me.

Aaron Rodgers?- I was refering to alex rodriguez, but yeah he's also first ballot. I mean it's hard to make a comparison here, because bad quarterbacks are bad not based on the magnitude of the game, but just because they're bad. Dalton? Before this year he was an inconsistent qb. Could he play bad if they meet up? Definitely. That being said he's having easily his best year, he has without question his best group of weapons, and that defense is damn good as well. For now in their current state I definitely see them as the team to beat. Pats still have experience, qb, and coaching advantage, but with a depleted line and weapons dropping like flies, that doesn't mean much.

TheFatOne

"Andy Dalton is shit and will choke" is a bit different from "Let's see what he does in the playoffs" friend. Which is it?

I'm saying he's shit and will choke, and what he does in the regular season is meaningless because it's going to be the same song and dance. He's going to get to the playoffs and lose the first game out, and I'm basing that on the all the years he's been in the league.

Edit: Sorry if there was any confusion.

CT5wJ3jWUAE3UmG.jpg

Gigglepoo

I'm saying he's shit and will choke, and what he does in the regular season is meaningless because it's going to be the same song and dance. He's going to get to the playoffs and lose the first game out, and I'm basing that on the all the years he's been in the league.

Have you ever seen a player improve after his first four seasons?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Ive heard this type of short sighted analysis so many times, and I've seen it proven wrong quite a bit.

cdyhybrid

Seattle should be running the ball more.

Nah, fuck that - running the ball is for chumps!

I'm Darrell Bevell and I'm going to show you that I'm right!

You *think* he's going to choke. You don't *know*. Peyton was a choker until he wasn't.

Since you've seen the future, tell me how much the Pats win their first playoff game by - I'll be in Vegas for NYE so I'd greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Sherman fucking sucks this season.

Nah, he's not perfect but he's playing pretty well overall. He shut down Dez.

Problem goes deeper than Sherman. Seems like there is still confusion regarding Richard's new scheme - see Olsen getting wide open for a game winning TD when he's been torching them all game.

Kusagari

Flacco was infamous for playing like complete shit his first couple playoff games.

Macattk15

Nah, he's not perfect but he's playing pretty well overall. He shut down Dez.

Problem goes deeper than Sherman. Seems like there is still confusion regarding Richard's new scheme - see Olsen getting wide open for a game winning TD when he's been torching them all game.

The ghost of Dez without Romo.

Some dingbag on TB probably shut down Dez today too.

Sherman sucks this season. I've never seen him get burnt as much as he has in multiple games this year.

TheFatOne

Have you ever seen a player improve after their first for seasons?

Sure, but I'm a believe it when I see it person. He already has four full seasons under his belt right now. Plenty of evidence showing he can't get it done. Opportunity after opportunity wasted. I'm not about to start believe that's going to change simply because he's doing well currently. One good season isn't about to erase the previous four. Not even going to take this team seriously until Dalton can prove he can even beat anyone in the playoffs.
Spoiler alert it's not going to happen.

Top Bottom