• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

squicken

Good call on leaping. He started too far back. Could also have called hitting the holder

Leaping Penalty

Leaping to block a kick may be illegal under Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(q) of the NFL rules. Article 1 of Section 3 lists all acts that the NFL considers to be unsportsmanlike conduct, which includes, “Running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or (extra point) …” Players lined up within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped are exempt from the leaping penalty. The NCAA has a similarly worded rule that applies to college football, although the college penalty is considered a personal foul.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Something is different with our RB's. They're running patiently. They don't typically do that. Is Arian in the film room with them or something?

While I always heard Falcons were masters of the choke, I refused to believe there was a team that could go 5-0 and still miss the playoffs. That's almost historically bad.

Since 1990, 4 teams have done it ('93 Saints, '03 Vikings, '09 Giants, '09 Broncos; Broncos and Vikings started 6-0, Vikings finished 9-7, everyone else finished 8-8)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Saints' Defense solves a lot of offensive problems. Redskins ran for over 200 yards against them.
Oh yeah. Thanks.
Gonna go back over some of the game later though. Usually Blue sees a pile and runs into it. That last play of his was impressive, considering.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
While I always heard Falcons were masters of the choke, I refused to believe there was a team that could go 5-0 and still miss the playoffs. That's almost historically bad.
It's not that unheard of, though it's hilarious everytime:

AZdTMdU.png

Top Bottom