• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

LiK

That's uh, an interesting take on Wizard of Oz.

based on this classic from 1978

wiz_the_16x9.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Please take your trolling elsewhere, I'm trying to have a football discussion with Bread.

No you're not. You just bring up this same criticism a lot.

You haven't watched every Pats game anyway so you just have confirmation bias.

Like if anything Gronk is getting called a lot more for pushing off than for pick plays.

yeah dragon smh

Wouldn't expect anything different from you Bread!

Whenever there's snow I always think of this game:

One of the more famous games in the rivalry is the 1950 contest, colloquially known as the Snow Bowl. Eighth-ranked Ohio State, coached by Wes Fesler, was scheduled to host the game on November 25 in Columbus amidst one of the worst blizzards on Ohio record. The Buckeyes, who led the Big Ten, were granted the option to cancel the game against Michigan, which would have, by default, given the Buckeyes the Big Ten title outright and won them a trip to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl. Ohio State refused, and the game was set to be played. Amid howling snow and wind, in a famous example of a "field position" game, the teams exchanged 45 punts, often on first down, in hopes that the other team would fumble the ball near or into their own end zone. Ohio State's Vic Janowicz, who would claim the Heisman Trophy that year, punted 21 times for 685 yards and also kicked a field goal in the first quarter for the Buckeyes' only points. Michigan capitalized on two blocked punts, booting one out of the back of the end zone for a safety and recovering another one in the end zone for a touchdown just before halftime. Despite failing to gain a single first down or complete a single forward pass, Michigan gained a 9–3 victory, securing the Big Ten title and a Rose Bowl berth. Heavy criticism of Fesler's play calling led to his resignation and the hiring of Woody Hayes as his successor.

cdyhybrid

No you're not. You just bring up this same criticism a lot.

You haven't watched every Pats game anyway so you just have confirmation bias.

Are they not the #1 team in the league when it comes to being called for OPI?

I'm just working with the facts here.

It's pretty clear that they dare the refs to throw the flag for the pick every down, and the refs just won't do it. I actually admire Belichick for finding yet another way to cut corners, it's impressive.

Undefeated with Matt Shitbeck....

Watch your mouth. Hasselbald is orders of magnitude better than any QB in Texans history.

Dragon

Banned
Are they not the #1 team in the league when it comes to being called for OPI?

I'm just working with the facts here.

It's pretty clear that they dare the refs to throw the flag for the pick every down, and the refs just won't do it. I actually admire Belichick for finding yet another way to cut corners, it's impressive.

As I edited into my last reply, Gronk is getting called for pushing off to try to create more separation. I believe at least half of those penalties are for that. But like I said, you haven't watched all the games so you're just selectively quoting stats.

Top Bottom