• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

RGIII be like wtf Kirk

robert-griffin-iii-smiling.gif

Pepiope

The funny part is that the entire offense looked aware that he was taking a knee. No one stopped him.

If we win the division because of that...I may need to get a Kirk jersey.

The funny part is that the entire offense looked aware that he was taking a knee. No one stopped him.
Was the plan to spike it and burn a second or two? None of the players really moved quickly off the snap.
A knee and a spike are basically the same dead play. I think Gruden said one thing, offense thought he'd spike it (you saw guys walk off the field) and Cousins took a knee. Complete breakdown.

Bitanator

You don't gets seasons like this often where each team in the division sucks donkey balls, Dallas blew an easy shot at the playoffs this year. From Cassel and his int last week to that idiotic knee to end this half, I feel for you fellow NFC East fans

Tamanon

Banned
I don't really understand the spike play, if the clock was stopped after a timeout. The whole thing makes no sense. It was like both teams were trying their damnedest to screw up in that final minute.

squicken

I hate to be that guy. but the Skins D sucks. It is the Eagles offense just crapping themselves. Peters is getting beat by no names now. Bradford missed an easy throw. Algholor dropped a TD. Couple of other drops there too. No run game

Same with the WAS on offense. They are losing more than the Eagles D is winning. Cousins is under no pressure and they have no turnovers. Should have more points against a bad defense

bionic77

I don't really understand the spike play, if the clock was stopped after a timeout. The whole thing makes no sense. It was like both teams were trying their damnedest to screw up in that final minute.
No one achieves greatness by doing what came before them.

I salute Cousins for attempting to be the greatest. Unfortunately he is not even close and must pay the price for failure.

Like I said, Gruden can say whatever he wants. No one moved off the ball like a legit play was going to be run. People just stood up and were walking off.

Exactly. Gruden trying to outdo the genius Chip Kelly!

Honestly, I think the Redskins either didn't know or forgot that the Eagles called a timeout and thought the refs were going to restart the clock after that delay penalty or something, so Kirk was instructed to spike the ball, had a brain fart, and took a knee. that's the only explanation I can muster, and Gruden is trying to save face and not look like a complete dumbass.

Top Bottom