• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

Mech, all this Wentz draft talk got me thinking. Why do you think David Carr failed at Houston? His talent, people around him, coaching, the system?

Coaching, personnel were always considered the major issues. Came to light a couple years ago that Carr's teammates weren't to enamored with him. Chester Pitts and Seth Payne both came out and said he had a terrible worth ethic from the day he was drafted. Payne stated "David was the last to arrive and the first to leave", just the opposite of what you expect from your QB

While the situation wasn't optimal by any stretch David didn't put in the work to help himself either.

MechDX

Did David Carr really "fail" at Houston? He's their best QB of all-time.

What do you expect from a franchise team

Why do people discredit Schaub? Until his lisfranc injury he actually wasn't that bad. He put up crazy numbers until that. Arm just died in 2012 after putting up 800 yards plus passing with only 4 off days in between.

Literally went downhill fast after that lions game. Could never plant his throwing foot after the injury and what was an already mediocre arm was just destroyed after that.

Fantomex

Coaching, personnel were always considered the major issues. Came to light a couple years ago that Carr's teammates weren't to enamored with him. Chester Pitts and Seth Payne both came out and said he had a terrible worth ethic from the day he was drafted. Payne stated "David was the last to arrive and the first to leave", just the opposite of what you expect from your QB

While the situation wasn't optimal by any stretch David didn't put in the work to help himself either.

Dang. Just like in high school. I remember the coaches saw his arm, and basically handed him the starting job.

MechDX

Dang. Just like in high school. I remember the coaches saw his arm, and basically handed him the starting job.

For some reason the owners, McNair family ,loved David. Kubiak didn't want him his first year here but Bob McNair convinced him to try to fix him. The McNairs and Carr's are still close actually. It was Bobs mandate to not draft Derek. I don't believe it was for any ill will towards his name directly but the moment Derek struggled here he would have been crucified by the media and fans unfairly.

MRSA

Banned

Mech wishes David could've been like his little brother Derek.

MRSA

Banned
Which team was worse, 2014 Raiders or first year as franchise Texans?

2014 Raiders had all world Khalil Mack on that squad, automatically better. BaeG still regrets the existence of Ray Farmer.

khalil-mack.gif

Actually if you watch this game, Mack is about a step too slow from turning this game into the second 2015 DEN/OAK game. I think it was after this game was when I realized Mack was going to be special. God he's sexy.

khalilmack.jpg

If the Falcons played the Patriots in the SB, I'd quit watching football.

But I'm sure as hell not rooting for the Falcons first. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. In fact, put a gun to my head and force me to choose one, and I would probably choose the Pats.

Good thing the Falcons suck and won't be playing in the Super Bowl anytime soon

I'd absolutely root for the Steelers over Patriots in an AFC Championship

I'd say I'd also root for the Browns or Bengals in that position, but lol realistically I'm never going to live long enough to see either in that position

squicken

Great work, fellas! Keep it up

---

Was listening to some Eagles' podcasts, and it's kind of looking like the 8 spot isn't so hot anymore for Philly.

Figure Goff, Wentz, Ramsey, Tunsil and Buckner are gone by 8. Jack is a wildcard b/c of his medicals. No way for us to know, other than some teams are red flagging him. Besides him, it seems like Bosa, Hargreaves, Elliott, and Stanley are guys who could be there at 8.

But how much better is Stanley than Conklin? Bosa seems like a guy who the media may have liked more than teams have. Next year's RB class is loaded, and is it ever wise to take a RB that high? Hargreaves would be a great no-doubt pick if he were 3 inches taller.

My sorta worst case for the Eagles mock has everyone passing on Jack

1/2 Goff/Wentz
3. Ramsey
4. Tunsil (if SD takes Ramsey I think Dallas trades w/BAL)
5. Buckner
6. Elliott (Dallas)

Maybe Chip/SF trades up for Buckner, but he and Philly will basically have to take Hargreaves or Stanley and not be too thrilled with it. I guess I hope Philly ends up w/Hargreaves if that is how it plays out. I just see Bosa falling. Jared Allen seems to be his upside, but I don't think he's that quick

Top Bottom