• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Fox318

I always tell people to just let anger go when in a car or dealing with shit like that.

Joe was doing the right thing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

There are plenty of articles to find on google that will argue the opposite, but shit, let's pick them apart, one at a time.

This guy is right, the STADIUM doesn't add significantly to an economy. He never argues that the team being there does not.

Basically, the same argument in a longer form. No, there aren't a shit ton of jobs available at your local stadium.

Who gives a fuck about Inglewood?

Thanks for pulling those up. It's a common misconception that teams economically benefit the cities that they are in, but even if that were true, we shouldn't acquiesce to the ransom demands of billionaires.

No. The issues are being conflated here. Teams obviously benefit a city economically. If just one person travels to the area to see a game then that is a real, tangible boost to the local economy. It's the stadiums that will likely never pay for themselves. The question becomes how much money is it worth to a city to keep a franchise? Of course owners are going to try and get the best possible deal, they're fucking billionaires for a reason.

The truth is that people don't want to see these taxes for what they are; keep the team in town tax. It's much more palatable to give money to a big building that everyone can see when in reality it's just giving the owners some bribe money.

Conan O'Brien
Conan O'Brien – Verified account ‏@ConanOBrien

Wow, the Cleveland Browns are 0-12. On the bright side, they're still leading in the popular vote.
Damn this is dope, we did it.

Hindl

Dallas' OL was fine, then they drafted Frederick. Then they drafted Martin.

I'm not saying it couldn't get better, but there's other areas that need to be addressed first. And besides, there's no real OL talent worth taking in the early rounds this year anyway. They need to get weapons this draft, spend 2018 on OL and DL

Wait, is that why Baexton got injured for an entire season? Ya blew it Fl
Vic Beasley is an asshole..

Indirectly.. it's RBH's fault.. all roads lead there..

in the past 24 hours floy has insulted dutch and cursed zeke

that boy ain't right!!!!
Zeke will win RoY..

You should've known better than to associate with F
I'm not that bad..

2016 truly was the year of F
Will 2017 be the year of L?

VeST5gV.jpg

I normally hate all the holiday stuff...but I'm coming around to it.

Top Bottom