• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

I don't think he is done. I think he has one more career average year on another team with decent talent. Also his surgeries were unrealated I think. One was to remove a cyst, another was a microdiscectomy.

Romo is retiring on his back. What remains to be seen is what team he gets injured on.

Everyone likes to think the human body can take all these surgeries or roids or abuse

And then when you hear of 12 more players whose bodies completely shut down because of it by the age of 40, there's so much shock and surprise

It's not overreacting to question if a 3rd major back surgery in 7 years could be the end of the gronk we know.

Oh, I think Gronk is fucked. My contention is the idea that he'll bring the Pats down with him.

No coach in the league draws more performance from slugs than Belichick. As long as he has an O-line that can keep Brady upright they'll be contenders.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
]Oh, I think Gronk is fucked. My contention is that he'll bring the Pats down with his.

No coach in the league draws more performance from slugs than Belichick. As long as he has an O-line that can keep Brady upright they'll be contenders.

Meh they're in contention by nature of the competition, but their defense makes it incredibly unlikely. I think if Brady's knee gets right the offense will be mostly fine, but it won't be the level needed to carry that train wreck.

Hindl

Everyone likes to think the human body can take all these surgeries or roids or abuse

And then when you hear of 12 more players whose bodies completely shut down because of it by the age of 40, there's so much shock and surprise

You'd have thought that the SB 50 ceremony where they walked out all the MVPs and half of them could barely walk would've made people realize the damage these players have done to themselves

Tom Penny

Oh, I think Gronk is fucked. My contention is the idea that he'll bring the Pats down with him.

Gronk is also one less blocker to prevent Von Miller from murdering Brady and to help the running game.

bionic77

While I agree it's overreacting, Pats are a different team without Gronk. He makes their offense hum.
They can score 30 with him.

They are going to struggle to put up 20 on good defenses without him.

They could probably still score 30 on our defense though. :(

I am still in favor of bad news to the Pats. Fuck Gronk. Fuck Trump. And especially fuck the Pats.

cdyhybrid

Barring unanticipated miracle, I expect Chargers and Raiders to announce in January their plans to relocate - Chargers to LA, Raiders to LV.
@JimTrotter_NFL

Also, Twitter says Gronk's injury came against the Jets.

Mindlog

I wonder what the Chargers in LA contract will look like. They're going to playing second fiddle while the Raiders move into their new mega-stadium. If I were the Chargers I'd want the option to keep shopping around. Especially if the softness of the LA market continues.

My sources are telling me Tunsil might play

CynY-DiXUAEUeg-.jpg

But Parker might not :(

@JimTrotter_NFL

Not surprising. Like I said, the real test for the Raiders was making it to the owners vote. They passed everything a lot easier than anyone thought.

As for the Chargers, I expected the people of SD to tell them in the election to fuck off after how they treated them in 2014/15. They did. That's that

Gigglepoo

As for the Chargers, I expected the people of SD to tell them in the election to fuck off after how they treated them in 2014/15. They did. That's that

Every city should tell teams to fuck off. Why should people have to fund billionaires stadiums anyway? Good on San Diego.

Beach

Chargers to LA is one of the saddest things and will be much worse than the LA Rams situation. Only great part of it will be having an AFC team in LA and would allow many more fans to go to games they want to watch.

I wonder what the Chargers in LA contract will look like. They're going to playing second fiddle while the Raiders move into their new mega-stadium. If I were the Chargers I'd want the option to keep shopping around. Especially if the softness of the LA market continues.

They had the option and turned it down. They wanted LA or they wanted a new stadium in SD. They called the bluff of the league, thinking they wouldn't side with Kroenke over them. The league did.

They then called SD's bluff, thinking they could come crawling back and apologize sincerely and all would be forgiven. SD said it wouldn't be.

So now they've gotta crawl all the way back to LA, apologize to Kroenke, and ask to be his roommate. Frankly I hope it's accepted the day Fisher's extension is announced.

FTF

Ugh, that Gronk news is terrible. Even if Pats somehow get to the SB now it'll be just like the second Giants SB where he could play but just be a decoy.

Oh well :/

And will root for Raiders if Pats don't make it.

Hunter S.

Every city should tell teams to fuck off. Why should people have to fund billionaires stadiums anyway? Good on San Diego.
Probably because it can bring an entire city a boost in the economy. Good fans love their team and will watch them good, or bad. Buy food and gear, and keep the community thriving.

Jordan Matthews limited in practice. If he can't go Sunday that's an automatic L

Is there really not one serviceable WR available unsigned, or on any other teams practice squad? Matthews is okay but he isnt anything great, I cant believe they cant find someone to fill in for a game. If he cant go then maybe line Burton or Sproles up in the slot and see what they can do.

Parker is looking studly. Sucks that he's so injury prone.

Honestly I'd rather have Tunsil for this game, though. O-line is going to be a huge factor, they have to get Ajayi going.

Yup we need the oline back as much as possible for the next 5 games, we only need 3 of next 5 to get in. Don't get me wrong though we are not a playoff team and even if we make it we'll get bounced out right away, this defense is terrible regardless of how much they are over-achieving but the win streak and the season has be fun (finally) so I hope they keep it going as long as possible.

Also:

Yup we need the oline back as much as possible for the next 5 games, we only need 3 of next 5 to get in. Don't get me wrong though we are not a playoff team and even if we make it we'll get bounced out right away, this defense is terrible regardless of how much they are over-achieving but the win streak and the season has be fun (finally) so I hope they keep it going as long as possible.

Also:
Haha, Darr is the best.

I kind of feel like once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. Win 3-4 games and you're the champ. We've seen unlikely runs from wildcard teams many times so nothing would totally surprise me. Not saying that's a likely outcome, but you never know.

But yeah, 10 wins would probably do it. Let's see what happens with Baltimore first...

Hindl

The fact that Muhammad Ali died this year and people already forgot about it should say how shitty 2016 was

bionic77

As an old I think that music has sucked for a long time, but for the first time ever olds are right. At least as it concerns popular music.

When is the last time anyone popular has had any kind of message or meaning to their songs?

England and the US are about to enter a really shitty period and the one good thing that will come from the darkness is usually awesome music. Get our your expensive headphones (and your hearing aids if you got em).

Top Bottom