• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

JABEE

If they don't show the anthem on TV, they aren't covering the game.

If I have to watch Hank Williams Jr every Monday, they can show some people kneeling down.

The thing is, I don't have an issue with the anthem, I just feel people are framing it in a way that allows them to continue to ignore the problems Kaepernick and others are attempting to highlight. All the people talking about "better ways" to do it are being disingenuous. They don't give a damn if the message is received and makes change.

They do not believe any change is needed.

For the third week in a row the Browns have the honor of being my stone cold lock of the week

stone-cold-lock-of-the-week.jpeg

Juicy Bob

On one side, the players may actually respect the anthem on the Eagles. If Lurie spoke to them and they still kneel tomorrow which is not disrespectful. I'm not sure how to feel about Lurie.

It still feels like Lurie is trying to play both sides. I just wish there was more of a direct contradiction of the President's statements. More anger. I feel like there should be more defiance to what the President said about Kaepernick and the very few Eagles players who demonstrate or have demonstrated on the sidelines.

Lurie seems to be in contact with Torrey Smith and Malcolm Jenkins, two of the leaders of the protest on the Eagles. But it still seems like Lurie is trying to be a moderate.

The Eagles are a team that always has military people and police at their games. It's like he is afraid this will alienate him and like the President, he's too focused on criticizing the motives or the action itself without realizing the kneeling sparked the conversation.

In the video from earlier in the week, Lurie, Goodell, and other Eagles players toured the PPD and different criminal justice non-profits in the Philadelphia area. Lurie intimated that he's just learning about this problems of incarceration and treatment of black people now. Which I find kind of hard to believe. He's a well-educated man who produced the documentary "The Inside Job." He knows social policy.

I feel he's too comfortable toeing the league line. His statement was basically in line what Goodell said. Most teams are hovering around that point, some have gone further. Some haven't said anything at all. In the end, Lurie seems too defensive, which makes me worry he's one of the guys who was rattled by Kaepernick and not understanding.

He wants social progress on his terms with his own set of priorities. His players must prove they can bring about change within his parameters of right and wrong. I think his restrictions on never rattling any cages and selling out anyone who steps out of line damning in a very subtle, easily deniable way.

I just feel kind of "okay, bleh" reading and hearing Lurie talk about this issue.
Yeah. I like Lurie. He seems like a smart owner. I think he is totally supportive of the guys like Jenkins and Long helping to keep this conversation going but I do wish he had been a little more biting like some of his fellow owners have been.

Milchjon

#Patriots Danny Amendola (concussion), Stephon Gilmore (groin), Gronk (groin), WR Chris Hogan (knee), WR Phillip Dorsett (knee) should play

Yay

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 38m38 minutes ago

This will be powerful: #Raiders offensive line, the only all African-American unit in @NFL, plans to sit or kneel together during the anthem

That's my O-line

Top Bottom