• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

I can't think of a place less welcoming of Kaep than Wisconsin.

Especially since GB needs more than a healthy QB to win now. Their defense is made of popsicle sticks, why would he want to go there where he would be scapegoated for the rest of the season as they lose over and over?

W1SSY

NFL Rules said:
If an on-field ruling of a dead ball (down by contact, out of bounds, or incomplete forward pass) is changed, the ball belongs to the recovering player at the spot of the recovery, and any advance is nullified. The recovery must occur in the continuing action following the loss of possession. If the ball goes out of bounds in an end zone, the result of the play will be either a touchback or a safety. If the Referee does not have clear and obvious visual evidence as to which player recovered the loose ball, or that the ball went out of bounds, the ruling on the field will stand.
In this scenario the ball was clearly fumbled but they did not have visual evidence to see if he recovered it. They can confirm it was out but not if he had possession before it was out. Therefore, by the rules it would look like they have to let the touchdown stand. I could also just be mashing two things together with the touchback and fumble recovery. I still think that this shows that they need to confirm that he did not have control at any point before going out and you cannot do that.

Which QB did Jacksonville get next year? Did they sign Eli?
The crystal ball is unclear but it looks like Cousins. He looks good in a Jags uniform.

I’m also seeing visions of Tyrod or a healthy Bradford.

No matter what the Jags QB next year will wear #5 or #8

Sanjuro

In this scenario the ball was clearly fumbled but they did not have visual evidence to see if he recovered it. They can confirm it was out but not if he had possession before it was out. Therefore, by the rules it would look like they have to let the touchdown stand. I could also just be mashing two things together with the touchback and fumble recovery. I still think that this shows that they need to confirm that he did not have control at any point before going out and you cannot do that.

This is clear reasoning why baseball is less boring than football.

Quake1028

Bucs out here celebrating a routine special teams tackle with some elaborate handshake when they are down by three touchdowns. Fucking disgraceful.

Sutton and the defense appear to have learned nothing from the playoff game. I'm not counting on them holding the Steelers out of the endzone this time.

Top Bottom