• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call our LB corp solid but I agree: our run defense just got a lot better. Hopefully Walker comes back healthy, I liked what I saw from him last year. Ngata isn't that good anymore but he's a body and takes up space. I thought once he played himself into shape he looked solid last year.

This isn't the deepest DE draft, especially now...but I still hope we find one before the end of the weekend.
Don't do Cesare.. Don't. Trust me.

chadskin

caplannfl: #Jets worked out, visited with QB Christian Hackenberg. Of teams left in 2nd round, they showed the most interest in him.

Please don't.

Eleuin

Good pick, oline can change really soon starting next offseason

Packers nation obviously going to blow a gasket because its not a LB or DL

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good pick, oline can change really soon starting next offseason

Packers nations obviously going to blow a gasket because its not a LB or DL

It was definitely a need after the patchwork bullshit we had last season...plus our guys aren't getting any younger.

It's hard to hate honestly.

Still no fucking clue what we're gonna do about the linebacker position. Looks like CM3 is staying inside if I had to guess.

BigAT

Packers draft pick:

zKeAORB.gif

caplannfl: #Jets worked out, visited with QB Christian Hackenberg. Of teams left in 2nd round, they showed the most interest in him.

Please don't.

If not QB, who do you think they'll go for?

I'm leaning towards OL (maybe Whitehair now Spriggs is gone) or WR (Tyler Boyd?). Maybe a CB?

Or they could just fuck it all up and go QB...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Robinson for the Lions, eh? I'll live with that. Our starting positions there are technically filled but we don't have much there for future-proofing, letting him have a year in the rotation to develop behind Ngata and Walker will give him a nice curve to work with.

Slightly disappointed that the Lions continue to not put much investment into the linebacking corps, but we have so many needs anyway that it was a given something would get passed over.

I really like our Linebackers. Hopefully DeAndre Levy comes back 100% healthy and everything indicates he will. He's one of the best all around Linebackers in the league and his presence was sorely missed last season.

I love Tahir Whitehead. Sideline to sideline speed and he's been one of the most improved Lions in the last few years.

Josh Bynes has also improved and I'm comfortable going with him into 2016. He's only 26, like Tahir, so we'll hopefully see more improvement from him.

Oh yeah, and there's Kyle Van Noy lol.

I think we need to use a 3rd rounder or 4th on a LB just for depth.

Really I think the Lions inevitable defensive success will come down to Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin. Fans forget the 2014 Lions had one of the best rush defenses in NFL history.

Coach Austin is the type of coordinator who gets the most out of his roster, despite injuries, and is brilliant at game planning. He will be a Head Coach somewhere next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom