• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

Living through the Mario era, I'd want nothing to do with Clowney. I'm sure he will flash and look amazing at times, but it will always just be a tease

rando14

GREG I'm glad you're here, I need your help!! How do I get better at golf games, right now I'm getting spanked by the mario golf demo!!

MechDX

Living through the Mario era, I'd want nothing to do with Clowney. I'm sure he will flash and look amazing at times, but it will always just be a tease

My biggest concern as well. The highs and lows of Mario were so damn frustrating.

the last one being in 2011 when he was physically abusing Rothlesberger and then tore his damn pec muscle.

ShaneB

GREG I'm glad you're here, I need your help!! How do I get better at golf games, right now I'm getting spanked by the mario golf demo!!

do you know much about Golf to begin with? I would guess so from the fact you are playing a golf game perhaps. I'd imagine Mario Golf is pretty simple with club selection and making all that pretty streamlined ala Hot Shots Golf, maybe your putting stinks! Maybe it's your short game!

rando14

do you know much about Golf to begin with? I would guess so from the fact you are playing a golf game perhaps. I'd imagine Mario Golf is pretty simple with club selection and making all that pretty streamlined ala Hot Shots Golf, maybe your putting stinks! Maybe it's your short game!

It's my putting game man!! I can't putt worth poop after distances greater than like 8 feet, the ball always turns away and I'm stuck looking like a chump :(

BUT I'll be honest, I don't really know dick about real golf, for example I usually just use the club that the game suggests for me :cool:

MechDX

I did see one mock draft have him going number one overall.

9/10

:jnc

And when it happens all you people will bow at my feet!

giphy.gif

MechDX

vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 · 12m
The 5 in Julio Jones deal w/Browns: Jon Baldwin (SF), Greg Little (CLE), Brandon Weeden (DAL), Jarius Wright (MINN), O. Marecic (free agent)

When good trades go bad.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 20s
Running through mock draft scenarios this morning, and I can tell you there will be a ton of starting-caliber talent available in Rd3-4

If anyone was wondering why it seems EVERY team is trying to trade down

bionic77

BmUVoYkCUAAm-C-.jpg:large

Somehwere FMT....something something....
FMT strangely is not a Montana guy.

He is part of that weird group of traitor Niner fans who wanted Joe gone (the best qb ever and the guy who made that franchise) to make way for the Tampa Bay qb with a good 40 time but never won anything (and ended up being a flop in the playoffs for the most part).

Can't watch the Farmer presser until later today, but people seem impressed. HoFarmer until he makes me cry draft day

Also FUCK Amani Toomer

ShaneB

It's my putting game man!! I can't putt worth poop after distances greater than like 8 feet, the ball always turns away and I'm stuck looking like a chump :(

BUT I'll be honest, I don't really know dick about real golf, for example I usually just use the club that the game suggests for me :cool:

The club selection isn't a big deal as such because yeah, the game will generally make the right choice in what you should be using, only until you get past fundamentals should you be thinking of altering that stuff.

if it's putting, practice makes perfect. I assume it's a grid system, so just start to figure out the breaks and your power meter. uphill/downhill, etc etc

Can't watch the Farmer presser until later today, but people seem impressed. HoFarmer until he makes me cry draft day

If dolphins history is anything to go by, anytime we want someone and don't get them they end up having success where ever they end up....so this could be your year browns gaf!

FMT strangely is not a Montana guy.

He is part of that weird group of traitor Niner fans who wanted Joe gone (the best qb ever and the guy who made that franchise) to make way for the Tampa Bay qb with a good 40 time but never won anything (and ended up being a flop in the playoffs for the most part).

I don't think CK7 would be caught dead wearing those sketchers roundups Joe Cool was promoting

Draxal

Also FUCK Amani Toomer

Wut he do. I liked Amani as a player, but as a tv guy he seems to be a make up shit so people pay attention to me type of guy.

Greg

The crazy difficult putts are usually more of a feel thing that will come with practice, but you can make a quick mental check for aiming of the more straightforward putts by just counting in your head.

Start at 0, and follow up the grid one square at a time - add 1 in your head every time an indicator slopes to the left at an average speed, and subtract 1 every time it slopes to the right at an average speed (a faster moving indicator would be worth more, and a really slow moving indicator might not even be worth counting). A final number that's positive means you have to aim more to the right, and a negative number means you have to aim more to the left. Once you get a feel for how much each "point" is worth in your imaginary system, you can gauge putts really fast!

Wes

venison crêpe
BG I missed the Farmer press conference. Is there a video anywhere?

Edit: Oh, it's not expected up until later?

MechDX

The crazy difficult putts are usually more of a feel thing that will come with practice, but you can make a quick mental check for aiming of the more straightforward putts by just counting in your head.

Start at 0, and follow up the grid one square at a time - add 1 in your head every time an indicator slopes to the left at an average speed, and subtract 1 every time it slopes to the right at an average speed (a faster moving indicator would be worth more, and a really slow moving indicator might not even be worth counting). A final number that's positive means you have to aim more to the right, and a negative number means you have to aim more to the left. Once you get a feel for how much each "point" is worth in your imaginary system, you can gauge putts really fast!

I just look at the slope and say "Slope right....hit slightly left" or vica versa. /done

Wes

venison crêpe
"* Farmer said he's talked to about 8-10 GMs in the past 24 hours about possible trades and all of them in the past week or so."

Open for business! Forget the Texans, our wares are a lot less expensive and you can still get an elite offering at 4.

MechDX

"* Farmer said he's talked to about 8-10 GMs in the past 24 hours about possible trades and all of them in the past week or so."

Open for business! Forget the Texans, our wares are a lot less expensive and you can still get an elite offering.

What if he has called Rick Smith about moving up?

DUN DUN DUN!

Draxal

G-Men news.

Giants have signed Rusty Smith. QB that played with Tennessee.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 10m

And with that transaction, it further fuels my belief that ryan Nassib is on the trading block.

Greg

I just look at the slope and say "Slope right....hit slightly left" or vica versa. /done
until you have a putt with multiple breaks, and close isn't good enough!

it's not like you're pulling out a calculator and taking notes or anything - it's just a quick mental count that's more accurate than going by 'feel'

MechDX

until you have a putt with multiple breaks, and close isn't good enough!

it's not like you're pulling out a calculator and taking notes or anything - it's just a quick mental count that's more accurate than going by 'feel'

Sorry sensei. I will never question you again. First time I ever felt anger in your post.

My damn "feels"

Striker

G-Men news.

Giants have signed Rusty Smith. QB that played with Tennessee.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 10m

And with that transaction, it further fuels my belief that ryan Nassib is on the trading block.
What would Nassib's worth even be?

I'm curious. Where would Nassib be placed in this draft board compared to Bridgewater, JFC, Bortles, etc.? Although Rusty Smith is a nobody but a camp arm right now.

Open for business! Forget the Texans, our wares are a lot less expensive and you can still get an elite offering at 4.

Dammit Browns. That would totally screw the Raiders.

Top Bottom