• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10851039/teddy-bridgewater-5m-loss-value-policy

If Teddy Bridgewater doesn't get picked in the first round of next month's NFL draft and can prove he has an injury or illness, he will collect a tax-free $5 million.

Sources tell ESPN.com that after the quarterback completed his junior season at Louisville, he added $5 million on top of his already purchased $10 million total disability injury policy and supplemented it with $5 million in loss-of-value insurance.

With each drop in draft slot after that, Bridgewater will pick up hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The actual loss of value between being picked No. 3 in this year's draft versus No. 33, the first pick in the second round, is about $15 million. But if Bridgewater can prove that his slip had to do an injury or illness, the policy will result in him getting $5 million back.

Interesting

Draxal

What would Nassib's worth even be?

I'm curious. Where would Nassib be placed in this draft board compared to Bridgewater, JFC, Bortles, etc.? Although Rusty Smith is a nobody but a camp arm right now.

Apparently, somebody told Russ Lande, that they liked Nassib over all QB's in this draft ....

I could see him used in a package for a trade up (Bills and Marrone) to cement a Evans or Ebron pick myself.

I'm not putting too much stock into what Traina said, but she has covered the Giants for a long time, so I'm intrigued by this.

MechDX

So Bridgewater is purposefully sucking it up at his pro days to torpedo his own draft stock and make more insurance money?

He wants to go play for BOB and become the second coming of Brady but the Texans really want Mack/Clwoney. He is making the ultimate team sacrifice and proving himself to BOB.

Dragon

Banned
sorry, I never did

I fired it up that one time I told you I was lost after loading my old save, but then never again after you told me about visiting the oracle

Goddammit Greg!

That reminds me I played an hour of DmC, enjoyed the game, moved, and never picked it up again. I should!

MRSA

Banned
Always carnitas if they have it. ALWAYS.

l.jpg

Disgusting

Apparently, somebody told Russ Lande, that they liked Nassib over all QB's in this draft ....

I could see him used in a package for a trade up (Bills and Marrone) to cement a Evans or Ebron pick myself.

I'm not putting too much stock into what Traina said, but she has covered the Giants for a long time, so I'm intrigued by this.

Why they signed Smith:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 2m
and now we learn that Curtis Painter underwent a scope on his right knee. So that could explain the decision to sign Smith.

Vyroxis

Banned
I think I may have drank to much last weekend. Just sluggish today.

That, or the fact that its monday and the weather is horrid.

Greg

Goddammit Greg!

That reminds me I played an hour of DmC, enjoyed the game, moved, and never picked it up again. I should!
sorry!

the original or the new one? I didn't play past the 3rd game if there were any more, but they were some of my favorites for PS2

rando14

The club selection isn't a big deal as such because yeah, the game will generally make the right choice in what you should be using, only until you get past fundamentals should you be thinking of altering that stuff.

if it's putting, practice makes perfect. I assume it's a grid system, so just start to figure out the breaks and your power meter. uphill/downhill, etc etc

The crazy difficult putts are usually more of a feel thing that will come with practice, but you can make a quick mental check for aiming of the more straightforward putts by just counting in your head.

Start at 0, and follow up the grid one square at a time - add 1 in your head every time an indicator slopes to the left at an average speed, and subtract 1 every time it slopes to the right at an average speed (a faster moving indicator would be worth more, and a really slow moving indicator might not even be worth counting). A final number that's positive means you have to aim more to the right, and a negative number means you have to aim more to the left. Once you get a feel for how much each "point" is worth in your imaginary system, you can gauge putts really fast!

Thank you for the advice guys!! I'll have you know that I am now getting birdies ~2/3 of the time!! :cool:

cdyhybrid

My thoughts are between Tuitt, Bitonio and Morgan. If I had to guess which one they'd pick... I'm thinking Bitonio

I was looking at those 3 and possibly Ra'Shede Hageman. I do think OL is a bigger need than DL, though.

Since no one else has posted (that I've seen) I'm cool with Bitonio.

With the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL-Age Mock Draft, the world champion Seattle Seahawks select OL Joel Bitonio, Nevada.

I'll do a short write-up in a second.

Write-up:

As is customary for Super Bowl-winning teams, the Seahawks' roster was raided in free agency. Although Seattle re-signed their top FA target in Michael Bennett, they took serious hits to the depth of both of their lineman groups. Since most of the top performers from 2013's fantastic D-line return, Seattle will look on the other side of the ball with their 32nd-overall pick. After the departure of OG Paul McQuistan to the Land of Cleve and OT Breno Giacomini to the Jets, the Seahawks will want a prospect that can bring some stability to the right side of the line, and aid in both Russell Wilson's continuing development as a quarterback and sustaining the Seahawks' dominant running game. Bitonio's versatility (he played OT in college but seamlessly made the transition to OG for the Senior Bowl) and physicality will definitely appeal to OL coach Tom Cable.

I know I should already know the answer but are there any minority owners in the league? And I don't mean whatever bullshit Ross tried to pull with Gloria Estefan, Jlo and the Williams Sisters, I mean an actual owner? The jags?

Top Bottom