• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why do you do this to me? What have I ever done to you FMT? You call me QB Wussle and you make fun of horrible times in my life! WHY FMT WHY!

Yesterday Marshawn Lynch said he was happy the Warriors won a championship for Oakland because he didn't want his championship to be the only one Oakland has. Seahawks SB win actually belongs to Oakland it seems!

Malalaw

That feel when you get a special shout out on a twitch stream by your usernamd and then see your name pop up saying you win 100 bucks but your real name is common and now you just stuck waiting :(

Spinluck

Grats pal. Lucky!

Thanks friend

You guys all make wayyyyyyyy more money than me and you work less probably.

Considering your crazy hours you probably get a fatter check. I only work 4 days a week, and usually a little over 30 hours. Hell, I get a little under 30 if shit is really slow.

I would go full time but I can't balance it well. Last time I worked full time while going to college I flunked pretty much all my classes wasting thousands of dollars on fucking D's and F's. A whole semester, gone.

I almost just said ,"fuck it." But I got this far, so...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who dey...

Speaking of which...

usa-today-7438569.0.jpg

Lions sign S Taylor Mays

After releasing running back Rasheed Williams and cornerback Bill Bentley this week, the Detroit Lions had two open spots on their roster. It looked like they were going to wait until next week to fill those spots, but we learned on Saturday morning that they are signing safety Taylor Mays.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/6/20/8818221/lions-sign-taylor-mays

I remember the days of Taylor being a stud at USC and potentially being a first round pick.

Nice signing to add some depth to an already stacked secondary.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
QB Matthew Stafford not dwelling on tough playoff loss

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Matthew Stafford tries not to spend too much time thinking about how close his Detroit Lions came to an elusive victory in the postseason.

"In this business, if you're thinking about what was, you've got issues," Stafford said. "I feel like I've trained my body and my mind for as long as I've played quarterback to forget the last play, forget the last game, whatever it was, good or bad, and go forward."

If the second half of Detroit's playoff game at Dallas had gone a bit differently, the narrative surrounding Stafford might have changed considerably.

The Lions have won one postseason game in the past half-century, and in six seasons with the team, Stafford has been unable to add to that meager total. Detroit nearly broke through last season, but the Lions allowed the final 17 points in that 24-20 loss to the Cowboys.

There was, of course, that moment of controversy when officials reversed themselves, negating what at first looked like a crucial pass interference call against Dallas. That was particularly tough to take for the Lions and their fans.

Because Detroit lost, Stafford's performance in that game — 28 of 42 for 323 yards — has been largely forgotten. Instead, he enters this season still trying to prove that he is the quarterback who can lead the Lions deep into the postseason.

Last year was his first season under new coach Jim Caldwell, and his numbers were fairly pedestrian. He threw for 4,257 yards — the lowest full-season total of his career — with 22 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

The Lions have done their best to put talent around him. Before last season, they added receiver Golden Tate. Now they've overhauled their offensive line and drafted running back Ameer Abdullah. And some more familiarity with the system could help.

"It's the second year in this thing," star receiver Calvin Johnson said at minicamp Thursday. "His comfort level has risen a lot. I'm sure if you talked to him, he'd probably say the same thing."

Stafford said there's no question the team is making strides this offseason. Detroit made the playoffs as a wild card last season, thanks in part to a terrific defense. With Ndamukong Suh having left via free agency, the Lions may need more from the offense.

Stafford measures up favorably — by a wide margin — against other recent Detroit quarterbacks. But as the No. 1 pick in the 2009 draft, the standard is higher for him.

Stafford's 2011 season — his only other playoff appearance — remains a bit of a benchmark. He completed 63.5 percent of his passes that season, throwing for 5,038 yards and 41 touchdowns.

His yardage has declined steadily since then, although he did complete 60.3 percent of his passes in 2014, his first time over 60 since 2011.

Stafford says he'll spend some time over the next five or six weeks thinking of some personal goals he'd like to reach this season.

"I have them, usually every year. Just things that maybe on paper you can quantify, maybe you can't," he said. "I'll spend some time and think about that, and you'll probably ask me about it in training camp, and I won't tell you, and it'll be great."

"We're more interested in winning games," Caldwell said. "So, sometimes that requires an offense to take care of the ball and not give it away and be very, very effective. It has nothing to do with really scoring. We can play defense. We have a good defensive team and when you do that you have to play complementary football."

In other words, the team's success or failure hinges on more than just its quarterback.

"I know a lot of people that like to kind of point and say, 'Matthew's got to do this,'" Caldwell said. "Matthew just has to do his job."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-not-dwelling-on-tough-playoff-loss/28956909/

635496808383332478-AP-Britain-Lions-Football-LM.jpg

Restore the Roar

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford.gif

Matthew Stafford accounts for 4 TDs as Lions rally past Seahawks

After Stafford had to throw away two passes to avoid sacks with no timeouts left, Young broke inside of cornerback Brandon Browner and caught the winning TD pass.

"There were four dudes standing next to Calvin and one standing next to Titus, so I liked my odds on that side," Stafford said.

Stafford threw a winning TD pass with less than a minute left for the second time this year and for the fourth time in four seasons. He has led nine drives -- including three this year -- that led to decisive winning scores in the fourth quarter and overtime during his 36-game career.

"It's easy to be confident in Matt when you are with him every day," Schwartz said. "The talent he has isn't just going to go away."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321028008

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, Taylor Mays sucks.

Article says he'll probably be used as a special team player, which would be good.

Given that the Lions already have a top four established at safety (Glover Quin, James Ihedigbo, Isa Abdul-Quddus and Don Carey) and a pair of undrafted safeties looking to make the team (Isaiah Johnson and Brian Suite), this move likely has more to do with the competition on special teams than anything.

He was a hell of a college player. Linebacker in a safeties body.

Top Bottom