• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Hellix

ibv6V4dvSho4nw.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I forgot to post in the thread to subscribe it, and was wondering why no one has posted in the other one for a while

thanks for the thread, chuck!

Thank you for making the offseason threads. Your MS Paint skills are unmatched.

Its never over because there simply isnt enough talent around. It'll just cycle in and out. If i put some thought into I could list prob 12 qbs that are lol and will be replaced within a year or 2

I look forward to more of this to fill the Sanchise shaped void in our hearts:

47b43-colston.gif

LeapFail.gif

vikingsseasonsummedup.gif

andy-reid-boxed-out-philip-rivers.gif

PolamaluJumpsCenterRavensFG.gif

bradytackle.gif

TomBrady-no-tackle.gif

720490180.gif

bradyref.gif

MechDX

BEST OFF SEASON AQUISTION:

iTX8e4p.jpg

ALL HAIL BOB!!

SWAG LIKE A MUG!

BILL.jpg

AND LETS NOT FOGET BASED VRABEL! TURNING CLOWNEY INTO A FOOTBALL GOD!

20140517_mta_at5_043.JPG.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

Steeeeeeelerrrrrrrrrrrs!!!

Time for #7 to get #7
rings, you filthy-minded bastards

Edit: :jnc at :kas posting his delusions in the wrong thread

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
In my console search (which I'm sure is boring the hell out of you) I returned my Xbox One today upon hearing the lack of Destiny content. I just can't justify investing $500 on either PS4 or Xbone right now when I've got other priorities like adding new parts to my car plus a ton of unplayed PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Blu Rays after I returned my Xbox One and South Park Stick of Truth which I've been dying to play.

Now onto football talk, the Ndamokung Suh news is something I have feared and I pray to the Football Gods we sign him. Do whatever it takes, you do not trade the best defensive player in the league in his prime.

I've been calling him a once in a generation defensive player like Lawerence Taylor and Reggie White, and he will be the highest paid defensive player in the league whether he's on the Lions or elsewhere which pretty much confirms what I've been saying since I saw him play at Nebraska. I have no doubt he wants to be a Lion but if we can't sign him in the next few weeks we will test free agency.

I absolutely cannot wait to see Fairley and Suh both playing for contracts. Suh is going to show up every single Sunday and ball, but Fairley seems to have the lazy bug but he won't when tens of millions are on the line. This team is built to win now so lets see how far we go in the playoffs which may convince Suh to sign with us longterm. I still think we should trade Megatron, make some cap space to sign Suh and draft + sign FA WRs. You do not trade/let go of a once in a generation defensive player in his prime.

If Suh does leave though it's going to be funny seeing whatever fan base he goes to open him with open arms when all other 31 teams hate him now. Most NFL fans may not like him for whatever reason but I promise you most of those NFL fans would stomp on Evans-Dietrich Smith to have Suh play on their team.

Either way lets make our playoff run this year and worry about Suhs' contract next season.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wake>Suh. Yeah I said it.

I know you don't mean that trejo.

Suh is going to be the highest paid defensive player in the league for a reason (probably in NFL history?). I'd bet every single GM in the league would agree.

He's the guy you fear on every snap if you're the opposing team but would love to have on your team.

In my console search (which I'm sure is boring the hell out of you) I returned my Xbox One today upon hearing the lack of Destiny content. I just can't justify investing $500 on either PS4 or Xbone right now when I've got other priorities like adding new parts to my car plus a ton of unplayed PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Blu Rays after I returned my Xbox One and South Park Stick of Truth which I've been dying to play.

Now onto football talk, the Ndamokung Suh news is something I have feared and I pray to the Football Gods we sign him. Do whatever it takes, you do not trade the best defensive player in the league in his prime.

I've been calling him a once in a generation defensive player like Lawerence Taylor and Reggie White, and he will be the highest paid defensive player in the league whether he's on the Lions or elsewhere which pretty much confirms what I've been saying since I saw him play at Nebraska. I have no doubt he wants to be a Lion but if we can't sign him in the next few weeks we will test free agency.

I absolutely cannot wait to see Fairley and Suh both playing for contracts. Suh is going to show up every single Sunday and ball, but Fairley seems to have the lazy bug but he won't when tens of millions are on the line. This team is built to win now so lets see how far we go in the playoffs which may convince Suh to sign with us longterm. I still think we should trade Megatron, make some cap space to sign Suh and draft + sign FA WRs. You do not trade/let go of a once in a generation defensive player in his prime.

If Suh does leave though it's going to be funny seeing whatever fan base he goes to open him with open arms when all other 31 teams hate him now. Most NFL fans may not like him for whatever reason but I promise you most of those NFL fans would stomp on Evans-Dietrich Smith to have Suh play on their team.

Either way lets make our playoff run this year and worry about Suhs' contract next season.

Restore the Roar 2014.

cars are the most worthless investment in life aside from buying a functional one to get to and from work

I know you don't mean that trejo.

Suh is going to be the highest paid defensive player in the league for a reason (probably in NFL history?). I'd bet every single GM in the league would agree.

He's the guy you fear on every snap if you're the opposing team but would love to have on your team.

Yeah but wake isn't a dirty player,

Edit: Anyone else want to join my FF league? I have about 6 spots left.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
cars are the most worthless investment in life aside from buying a functional one to get to and from work

I agree with you. When I said investment I meant tinted windows, which I think is a requirement in this heat, and rainy day car money. I love my Honda Accord but as you know FMT you cannot survive without a car in Southern California.

Yeah but wake isn't a dirty player

Define dirty. Suh is just a crazy defensive lineman on the field who wants to Destory the opposing QB at any chance/means. As it should be when one plays defensive line.

cdyhybrid

Thank you for the Dolphins cheerleaders post above. Those are always appreciated contributions to our great community.

Go Hawks

Rams suck
Cards suck
Niners suck

I agree with you. When I said investment I meant tinted windows, which I think is a requirement in this heat, and rainy day car money. I love my Honda Accord but as you know FMT you cannot survive without a car in Southern California.

Define dirty. Suh is just a crazy defensive lineman on the field who wants to Destory the opposing QB at any chance/means. As it should be when one plays defensive line.

Plays within the rules of the game? Doesn't try to injury players, especially after the play is over?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Plays within the rules of the game? Doesn't try to injury players, especially after the play is over?

Suh does none of those things unless it is done against him. The Packers coaching staff instructed their offensive lineman to untie Suhs' shoelaces and other dirty trench tactics. Suh responded with obvious anger because the refs were not making the calls. They rarely got called out on that.

Suh plays defensive line the way it's meant to be played, fierce, ruthless and sometimes dirty if the game calls for it. Defensive line was my passion when I played ball. My objective was to hit whoever had the ball as hard as possible. Be the hammer not the nail etc. Suh is the strongest hammer in the NFL mentally, and physically he can play any position on the line whether 4-3 or 3-4. All 32 GMs in the league would take Suh over Wake guaranteed.

Suh does none of those things unless it is done against him. The Packers coaching staff instructed their offensive lineman to untie Suhs' shoelaces and other dirty trench tactics. Suh responded with obvious anger because the refs were not making the calls. They rarely got called out on that.

Suh plays defensive line the way it's meant to be played, fierce, ruthless and sometimes dirty if the game calls for it. Defensive line was my passion when I played ball. My objective was to hit whoever had the ball as hard as possible. Be the hammer not the nail etc. Suh is the strongest hammer in the NFL mentally, and physically he can play any position on the line whether 4-3 or 3-4. All 32 GMs in the league would take Suh over Wake guaranteed.

Sorry but there is just no need for any of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6HO0cyeiQ

I'm sure all gms would but I sure wouldn't want suh on the dolphins.

Thank you for the Dolphins cheerleaders post above. Those are always appreciated contributions to our great community.

Go Cardinals!

Rams lol
Hawks suck dick
Niners suck dick

Fixed.

If I have time tomorrow I'll do a write up for Cards but I'm headed out of town Tue night to catch a flight to Europe on Wed so I'll likely be away from GAF the next few weeks. If I don't post on here before then, you bros have a great couple of weeks and enjoy Training Camp. I fly back to the states on the 17th so should be back on here soon after or earlier if from layovers at airports for Pre-season shit talking.

Fixed.

If I have time tomorrow I'll do a write up for Cards but I'm headed out of town Tue night to catch a flight to Europe on Wed so I'll likely be away from GAF the next few weeks. If I don't post on here before then, you bros have a great couple of weeks and enjoy Training Camp. I fly back to the states on the 17th so should be back on here soon after or earlier if from layovers at airports for Pre-season shit talking.

Have a safe trip brotha!

Spinluck

I totally agree, I have a pretty decent one at the moment and it has great mpg.

I'll probably focus on getting much better car when I could afford to, I will probably never by one brand new though.

Lol, my first car was an Accord.

Rocking a Civic now. I don't even have a thing for Hondas, the first time was a gift and the second one was just really convenient and affordable for me.

MechDX

OP in this thread completely killed my mobile browser. I have rebooted my phone and cleared my search history and I cant event get GAF to open on my browser anymore.

MechDX

It's not the op, it's the 30+ gifs.

Finally got it working again, quick jump to page two to skip page 1 and BAM.....it freezes again. Why do you people feel the need to do a half dozen gifs in a single post and then 2-3 dumbass's will quote all of them?

cajunator

Banned
Finally got it working again, quick jump to page two to skip page 1 and BAM.....it freezes again. Why do you people feel the need to do a half dozen gifs in a single post and then 2-3 dumbass's will quote all of them?

this wouldnt be a problem if Packers Gaf wisconsinites would get out of the gifs stoneage and embrace the glorious webm future.

Mark Sanchez:
Reps: 29 (all with 2nd team)
Stats: 17/21, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
Analysis: After a rough showing during minicamps this summer, Sanchez looked much better during his first training camp practice. The veteran quarterback had a number of nice deep throws, including one in the first 7-on-7 drill of the day to receiver Damaris Johnson. Sanchez looked much more comfortable in the offense than he did during the summer, and squeezed a few passes into some tight windows. A good day overall from Sanchez.
Stock: Up

Matt Barkley:
Reps: 18 (all with 3rd team)
Stats: 7/11, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
Analysis: If Barkley was frustrated over the summer with the number of reps he got, he must be livid after Saturday. Barkley was clearly the No. 3 quarterback, even being skipped once in the rotation for 4th stringer G.J. Kinne. Barkley's roughest series was his second of the day, when he misfired on two of his four passes during a 7-on-7 drill. Barkley also had to throw away one of those passes, a bad sign during a drill that favors the offense.
Stock: Down

Nick Foles:
Reps: 30 reps (all with 1st team)
Stats: 19/22, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
Analysis: Foles had a sharp day in his first training camp practice as the starting quarterback, with two of his incompletions due to drops. His best pass of the day was over the middle of the field to tight end Zach Ertz, as Foles lofted it just over the finger tips of the defender. Of all four quarterbacks, Foles was the sharpest.

Drakeon

Lamichael James has a dislocated elbow per Schefter. Could've been a lot worse, hope he's back by the 3rd preseason game (not sure if that's being realistic).

Top Bottom